Has our achievements stumped our evolution?

Interesting thread.

Here's my take on it.

Regarding infrastructure and resources we are evolving but a we've got a very long way to go. I believe we're not even 1% there yet.

As far as having the resourcefulness; as human beings, we are light years away and yes I do think our achievements has somewhat stumped our personal evolution and growth... and in fact gone backwards... in mind and body, especially the mind. You only have to look around you on that one.

I think mans purpose is to learn and that I believe is a never ending process.

Interesting thread.

Here's my take on it.

Regarding infrastructure and resources we are evolving but a we've got a very long way to go. I believe we're not even 1% there yet.

As far as having the resourcefulness; as human beings, we are light years away and yes I do think our achievements has somewhat stumped our personal evolution and growth... and in fact gone backwards... in mind and body, especially the mind. You only have to look around you on that one.

Are you deliberately mis-interpreting our discussion on literal biological evolution, to make a comment on metaphorical cultural evolution according to your own ideology?

Are you deliberately mis-interpreting our discussion on literal biological evolution, to make a comment on metaphorical cultural evolution according to your own ideology?

No. Everyone has an opinion.

I wasn't being involved in your specific discussion.

How is it metaphorical?

Ideology... I think that's what the entire forums about... each person's ideology.

How is it metaphorical?

Ideology... I think that's what the entire forums about... each person's ideology.

That's a yes then.

The thread was clearly about biological evolution.

I'm happy to discuss cultural advancement, but for the sake of clarity I won't refer to it as evolution, certainly not on this thread.

That's a yes then.

The thread was clearly about biological evolution.

I'm happy to discuss cultural advancement, but for the sake of clarity I won't refer to it as evolution, certainly not on this thread.

That's a yes then... wow you've evolved in mind reading... congratulations.

Just for the record for biological evolution to happen, you also need a mind revolution.

Cultural, biological, psychological, quantum physics... it's all to do with evolution.

I apologies if you thought that I was hijacking your thread, I should have realised as much as you should realise it's free discussion... now that could be evolution right there between us both.

Interesting thread.

Here's my take on it.

Far out man, that's so trippy. :hihi:

---------- Post added 24-05-2016 at 17:33 ----------

Errr, maybe start your own thread then... This one IS about a specific discussion topic, evolution (the biological kind).

That's a yes then... wow you've evolved in mind reading... congratulations.

Just for the record for biological evolution to happen, you also need a mind revolution.

Cultural, biological, psychological, quantum physics... it's all to do with evolution.

I apologies if you thought that I was hijacking your thread, I should have realised as much as you should realise it's free discussion... now that could be evolution right there between us both.

It's not my thread, and you're not hijacking anything. You go right ahead.

I didn't study art at university, so I don't take to this style of thinking being as I am more inclined toward reason and clarity.

There is clear distinction between biological evolution and cultural development. Your attempt to take a pseudo-holistic approach to the whole matter on the basis that they are loosely connected by some common vocabulary is not something which appeals to me.

It's not my thread, and you're not hijacking anything. You go right ahead.

I didn't study art at university, so I don't take to this style of thinking being as I am more inclined toward reason and clarity.

There is clear distinction between biological evolution and cultural development. Your attempt to take a pseudo-holistic approach to the whole matter on the basis that they are loosely connected by some common vocabulary is not something which appeals to me.

Neither did I go to art university. Everything is science. Things that are not appealing to people is because people haven't asked the right questions to get the right answers.

If you had a perfect answer, what would your perfect question be?

Science is also an art.