Drug dealing - should you report it?

can you smell the £26 billion it cost NHS to sort out smoking related diseases

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 14:51 ----------

you watch too much tv and fantasy a lot dont you?

no just being honest these guys aint daft. n like i said wat if im a friend of said dealer. why can i not use info off of here such as his old car and any other info leading to his family or his house etc he is in the s2 area not so hard to find him and tell my friends. maybe i offer a deal of the century and this guy sees it on here he wants it he will give me his address. what if the dealer is part of the sheffield drug scene the s2 area will be swarmed with gangs looking for him..

also no i dont like fantasy programmes films etc.

also i dont watch too much alot ever :loopy::huh:

no thats just stupid.. these guys aint always as daft as your suggestions, what if im a friend of theres. i know this guy lives in s2 i know he got a new car and i also know he has an old car on his front an 05 plate corsa (unless its been scrapped) not hard to find then is he. also i could be a computer geek and find him that way, or the guy that kept looking back could have clocked his reg plate,,, a few other ways too i suppose

I've no idea how being a "computer geek" would help you locate a random person.

The ONLY identifiable data would have been the car number plate. IF someone made a note of it just in case they were reported for drug dealing AND they'd never done a drug deal with another car parked up nearby...

Tracking someone down using a number plate wouldn't be too hard. But I think you massively over estimate the average drug dealer if you think they are memorising the car registrations of every car that is nearby when they sell some product.

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 15:17 ----------

no just being honest these guys aint daft. n like i said wat if im a friend of said dealer. why can i not use info off of here such as his old car and any other info leading to his family or his house etc he is in the s2 area not so hard to find him and tell my friends. maybe i offer a deal of the century and this guy sees it on here he wants it he will give me his address. what if the dealer is part of the sheffield drug scene the s2 area will be swarmed with gangs looking for him..

also no i dont like fantasy programmes films etc.

also i dont watch too much alot ever :loopy::huh:

What if you are a friend. Does that give you some kind of power to track down people with little to no information to go on?

His "old car" what are you thinking, that they'd stab the wife of everyone with an 05 plate corsa in the city?

Who says he's in the S2 area?

What if it's all nonsense and the drug dealer can't remember the random car that was parked near him a fortnight ago when the police arrest him...

---------- Post added 25-05-2016 at 15:24 ----------

can you smell the £26 billion it cost NHS to sort out smoking related diseases

Smoking is a horrible habit, but it brings in more tax revenue than it costs the NHS AFAIK.

Who says he's in the S2 area?

yea true maybe i am in the wrong.. i thought we could get an ip address with the email addy used on sheffield forum and then go from there to trace the ip to an area of s2..

and in his location (could be made up but doubt it) but his locatiion just under his nickname on here states he is in s2. just a thought how many new cars with a corsa 05plate with a leak at the front on a driveway. also they will be other posts of his giving clues to his area of residence im just saying.. dealers are, unless a rogue. tied in to the gangs. and the gangs these days are smarter than you think i presume as they are doing a better job than the police.

computer geeks can mess with "cain and able" to get what info is needed, please google away if you think cain and able is just a bible ref.

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

Okay, this is getting a bit off-topic. My smoking habits are irrelevant, and completely legal regardless of anybodies personal opinions.

I was just asking if I should report drug dealing. The general answer seems to be no :P

I was on my way home earlier towards Shalesmoor and pulled up on a back street to light a cigarette. I parked up and saw a homeless-looking man and a younger man exchanging something a few feet ahead of me. They both walked off in opposite directions, and the younger man kept looking back at me.

I had my cig and pulled away, then saw another two men exchanging something at the top of the very same road.

Are you supposed to report this? I have it on dashcam, but you can't see faces.

I'm guessing the police don't know drug dealing is happening in that area, or the police car I saw trying to catch speeders only a mile or so beforehand, would be there catching drug dealers instead... (cough-cough).

Report it. Either they ignore it or they don't. At least you've done your bit.

yea true maybe i am in the wrong.. i thought we could get an ip address with the email addy used on sheffield forum and then go from there to trace the ip to an area of s2..

Ha, definitely watching too many films.

and in his location (could be made up but doubt it) but his locatiion just under his nickname on here states he is in s2. just a thought how many new cars with a corsa 05plate with a leak at the front on a driveway. also they will be other posts of his giving clues to his area of residence im just saying.. dealers are, unless a rogue. tied in to the gangs. and the gangs these days are smarter than you think i presume as they are doing a better job than the police.

So this is entirely reliant on the drug dealer linking being arrested to this post on the forum and then looking at other posts to gleen information about the OP.

computer geeks can mess with "cain and able" to get what info is needed, please google away if you think cain and able is just a bible ref.

A password recovery tool for windows... How's that going to help?

Report it. Either they ignore it or they don't. At least you've done your bit.

Why get involved? Why risk it? You don't know what he was selling. You have no evidence. Neither does the police.

I've no problem with smoking. But nicotine is a drug. And smoking is harmful. I'm not convinced that hypocrisy wouldn't be an inappropriate word.