Go and take a backup

That's fine. You are wrong but I don't want to get into a conversation with someone who whines when they are wrong and then calls people names to make themselves feel better.

Having worked almost my entire working life in Server support, which is predominantly based around security and backups, I'm pretty certain I am correct, but like I said, it's all subjective. One person's idea of security is almost always not the same as another's. The first thing any IT company does is to scrap most of what the previous company did in favour of their own methods and policies.

A joke I assume, but you should try taking one somewhere... What if your house burns down and you haven't taken one somewhere?

It was an attempt at a joke. Not a good one I admit but then I have always been about as funny as a bunion :(

Having worked almost my entire working life in Server support, which is predominantly based around security and backups, I'm pretty certain I am correct, but like I said, it's all subjective. One person's idea of security is almost always not the same as another's. The first thing any IT company does is to scrap most of what the previous company did in favour of their own methods and policies.

A straw poll of the sys admin team and developers here says that they agree with me, although they all agree that the overlap between sync and backup is quite large in functional terms.