Blanket ban on 'Legal highs' enforced today.

Of course I have! Not sure what your point is?

I despise drugs, I'm in no way condoning the use of them..

---------- Post added 26-05-2016 at 18:43 ----------

What? Legal highs? I thought it was mainly youths

Check out legal highs on YouTube, it is!

---------- Post added 28-05-2016 at 12:39 ----------

Who would be happy for this chap to knock up some chemicals to get you off your head?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/f5a63ddb-d024-4ee2-bfd7-92c06da37a47

Edited by monkey104

Except in many cases they arent sold as "legal highs", they are sold under various pretences such as "plant food" with small warnings saying "not for human consumption", and nobody can advise on effects as there are far too many variables

Quite right. Some of these chemicals are imported from such as China and mixed in random doses so as to break health and safety regs on labeling. More stringent labeling rules might have been better than an all out ban on "anything we think might be dodgy"

The president of Turkmenistan has banned the sale of all tobacco products, if reports from within the tightly-controlled nation are to be believed.

A black market has sprung up on the streets of the capital, Ashgabat. Contraband packets of cigarettes are already fetching over £8.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/this-entire-country-has-banned-smoking-a6816141.html

I go mountain biking. Rock climbing. Should they be banned because they carry risks? let people take drugs if they want to. Legalise them all. It's ridiculous that possession of LSD or magic mushrooms could land one in court. We all use drugs for the pleasure their effects provide, and those we use legally, ie alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and sugar, are far worse from a health perpective than many illegal substances. It's a ridiculous situation.

I go mountain biking. Rock climbing. Should they be banned because they carry risks? let people take drugs if they want to. Legalise them all. It's ridiculous that possession of LSD or magic mushrooms could land one in court. We all use drugs for the pleasure their effects provide, and those we use legally, ie alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and sugar, are far worse from a health perpective than many illegal substances. It's a ridiculous situation.

The health benefits far out ways the risk and I doubt you could find an instance in which a climber fell and killed or injured a passer-by. ;)