Expats - What do you miss about Sheffield?

I miss the hills and views around the city, The dee dah dialect,

the Sheffield Star ( better than any New Zealand national or local

paper (nicknamed here-The Two Minutes Silence), definitely the

beer and the local radio.

Guest teebee

i miss henderson relish, going to the chippy and getting a fishcake, not a risole like they serve down here, a decent radio station, the accent, and my football team

Originally posted by teebee

i miss henderson relish, going to the chippy and getting a fishcake, not a risole like they serve down here, a decent radio station, the accent, and my football team

Spot on. Well at least with relish and a proper fishcake. For me, a pie wasn't complete without a generous splash of Hendersons. I also miss my favourite supper, a fish 'n' a cake. What about the mushy peas? The chip shops where I now live don't sell 'em. The tinned stuff is not quite the same. But most of all, I miss a decent pint.

Fishcakes, friendly people (took me years and almost turning into an alky to get to know people down here) and football. Hopping onto a bus, knowing if you miss one there'll be another one fairly soon (hopefully anyway). Opening the pub door and pushing everyone back in as they fall out, before squeezing into a gap yourself

• 3 weeks later...

definitely the people.

You can strike a conversation with any body you meet,

...on the bus

....in the park

'''in a shop queue

and you won;t be looked at as weird or a perv..

its just a friendly place to be

Archived