What happened to NY Sushi?

dobzi

NY Sushi was class.

I remember seeing Les Rhythmes Digitales there about five or more years ago, brought back memories when their tune was released last year from that car advert.

Yeah I remember Jacques Lu Cont playing there twice in the space of a few months downstairs, and then LRD live at the Uni around the same time (he's an amazing bass player) with his bird (Joanne if I recall - hot!) who was actually the same one off the cover of Darkdancer. I can remember it going off at Sushi with loads of good era Felix da Housecat, the Daft Punk rmx of Scott Grooves and his own rmx of Cassius...genius! So many good memories from those times...

Yeah I remember Jacques Lu Cont playing there twice in the space of a few months downstairs, and then LRD live at the Uni around the same time (he's an amazing bass player) with his bird (Joanne if I recall - hot!) who was actually the same one off the cover of Darkdancer. I can remember it going off at Sushi with loads of good era Felix da Housecat, the Daft Punk rmx of Scott Grooves and his own rmx of Cassius...genius! So many good memories from those times...

Was Joanne the singer? I used to love it when she sang 'Takes a little time to get to no me'. Les Rythmes are great. I can't stand it when I hear that tune from the car advert on the radio ALL the time and that rnb remix killed it too.

I think she did sing, and possibly play keyboards. But most of all she just looked fine in a jumpsuit... <Partridge voice> "Ooh I'd like to...kiss...her..."

Yeah the whole situation with Jacques Your Body was a bit strange, it never having been originally selected as a single. I got quite excited because I recalled a 12" album sampler I'd picked up in Help the Aged that I thought had the track on it, at a time when a few people were after it (before the rerelease). Took me ages to find it but, alas, it only had that "Hey you, what's that sound" track on it. Wouldn't have mattered because I wouldn't have played it after the rerelease anyway (music snob!). The public has a short memory anyway, which is why Gary Numan got away with releasing 'Cars' 87 times, and the Sebastien Tellier record only became big after somebody on Radio 1 heard it, approximately 100 years after its orginal release.

Can anyone remember which Big Bang it was when Kenny Dope played? 2001?

• 6 years later...

Archived