Tenants have an 'access' problem!

It's a really important distinction.

It is NOT shared space. It is the private space that is owned entirely by the neighbouring couple with the dog. The tentants do not have "free access" they have a right of access to the property they rent. This access is not being restricted.

If (in that situation) someone asked me to fence off and give up part of my garden, I'd tell them where to jump.

Free access or a right to pass across it is important. And the fact that it is NOT shared space is absolutely key.

It's a really important distinction.

It is NOT shared space. It is the private space that is owned entirely by the neighbouring couple with the dog. The tentants do not have "free access" they have a right of access to the property they rent. This access is not being restricted.

If (in that situation) someone asked me to fence off and give up part of my garden, I'd tell them where to jump.

Free access or a right to pass across it is important. And the fact that it is NOT shared space is absolutely key.

I have to agree on this one. The neighbour has every right to tell you to take a hike.

With it being shared access you may presume so but I really don't know.

http://blogs.rspca.org.uk/insights/2014/05/14/how-the-changes-to-the-dangerous-dogs-act-affect-you-and-your-dog/#.V0hgn0Y0hZ4

It seems to be the case that the dog owners are responsible for controlling the dog while it is on their property, not just in public places.

However, I think your tennants should be contacting the dog owners landlord if they have an issue, not you as their landlord.

It all depends on your definition of 'control'.

Fencing another area of garden off is simply restricting the dogs movement, if you stuffed it into a cage would you claim it's being 'controlled' as well??

Well I'd say that the people exercising their right to cross the area should be able to do it without feeling afraid, being threatened, bitten or coming into contact with the dog.

That's no definition of control is it??

They haven't been bitten, and they are naturally afraid of any dog.

It's responsibility of the dog owners to put the steps in place to control the dog. What would you suggest they do to ensure that people can enter that area without feeling intimidated?