Tenants have an 'access' problem!

I didn't think control was defined in the law, have you made up a definition?

I feel harassed by your post, doesn't mean that you were harassing me though does it... (only joking, I'm fine).

I am sure that if you took a dog to the countryside and it was running around the cattle causing distress to the animals,(although not actually biting or attacking) then the Farmer would be well within his right to shoot it and state that the dog was not under control....i rest my case m'lord :)

Buy one of those 99p boxes of dog treats/biscuits from Netto and ask your tenants that each time the dog approaches throw a couple into its garden. Eventually it might be possible to teach it to sit, if it does not already do.

I like this! :hihi:

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 08:55 ----------

Just ask your tenants to use the other door. Problem solved.

Angel1.

The problem isn't solved though is it, they want to use the back entrance which they are completely entitled to do..

The link about being "DANGEROUSLY out of control"?

It’s against the law to let a dog be dangerously out of control anywhere, such as:

in a public place

in a private place, eg a neighbour’s house or garden

in the owner’s home

The law applies to all dogs.

Some types of dogs are banned.

Out of control

Your dog is considered dangerously out of control if it:

injures someone

makes someone worried that it might injure them

The dog has not injured someone and the tenants do not (if they're being honest) fear that it will. They have an irrational fear of the dog. It is not DANGEROUSLY out of control.

Did you even read it yourself?

The link about being "DANGEROUSLY out of control"?

The dog has not injured someone and the tenants do not (if they're being honest) fear that it will. They have an irrational fear of the dog. It is not DANGEROUSLY out of control.

Did you even read it yourself?

You're making some major assumptions there.