Driver gets 4 1/2 years for crash paralysing two young girls

Well, how about repeated driving without a license, no insurance etc. The sort of thing you'd see on Traffic Cops. He gets short sentences, comes out. Offends again, this time causing the crash that paralyses the two young girls.

So are you suggesting a whole life term, or maybe a chance of parole after a long sentence....?

How about you tell me what you would do, then I can agree or disagree with you.

This topic has been pruned to remove some views that many found offensive and inappropriate, and all of the argument that resulted from those answering the views.

For the avoidance of doubt, personal attacks are against forum rules and so is advocating violence.

Any more similar posts will incur bans.

Should never drive again and given 20 years,big bully by the look of it.

Personally I would add castration :)

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 19:34 ----------

Sorry to hear that.

However, I don't think that sentencing will ever act as a deterrent. I don't believe that the man in this case ever thought that he would cause serious injury to anyone, and so the threat of a long sentence would not be a deterrent as "it doesn't apply to me".

Er, He was CHASING someone in a road rage incident. What did you think he was going to do to who he was chasing if he caught them? Shake their hand or buy them a drink?

Personally I would add castration :)

---------- Post added 29-05-2016 at 19:34 ----------

Er, He was CHASING someone in a road rage incident. What did you think he was going to do to who he was chasing if he caught them? Shake their hand or buy them a drink?

the point being made was that prison is no deterrent - or did you miss that due to you frothing at the mouth.

He was driving like a nob - as many people do (male and female, old and young) every single day of the week - just they don't have collisions and hurt people -

Try again and suggest something that might restrain the excesses of those drivers who seem to become possessed behind the wheel - when you have thought of something sensible get onto the MOJ - I can tell you they are desperate to find some method of controlling peoples driving behaviour - hint hint the threat of prison don't work

the point being made was that prison is no deterrent - or did you miss that due to you frothing at the mouth.

He was driving like a nob - as many people do (male and female, old and young) every single day of the week - just they don't have collisions and hurt people -

Try again and suggest something that might restrain the excesses of those drivers who seem to become possessed behind the wheel - when you have thought of something sensible get onto the MOJ - I can tell you they are desperate to find some method of controlling peoples driving behaviour - hint hint the threat of prison don't work

The punishment for driving aggressively should be their licence restricted to driving a Renault Twizy

What do you mean "like" one?

Give them a licence to drive only a Fiat Multipla, That would put anybody off committing driving offences. :hihi:

Hey! The Multipla is a sensible choice for a family man!

Would love a go in a Twizzy as well.

Jeremy Clarkson said the Vectra is the worst car ever made but also the best, because given the choice between a Vectra and no car at all...

The punishment for driving aggressively should be their licence restricted to driving a Renault Twizy

Even by your rather low standards - as inane comments go you get the gold sticker

Just remind yourself what this thread is about before you post such hilarious comments :huh: