The one and only Tony Christie!

Don't understand what he's getting at ? Never been the sharpest tool in the box! Maybe he one of those that uses one big word when four little ones we will do?!

As for Tony Christie have no idea sorry , was not a fan in slightest! . Have a feeling that me nan may have been a fan!

Just he did a great show, guess there's not to many people left in music like him, I don't know whether he was one one the "greats" but on last night's performance clearly should have been and somehow missed the boat, sorry if he was and didn't(you just don't hear that much about him), like I said , I was not expecting to enjoy ,was totally bowled over great!

Now where do I buy a tour t shirt, ! Hope you get to see and enjoy cheers!

Dont worry, neither has he :thumbsup:

As someone who edging getting on a bit (56) Tony Christie would appeal to us lot but I really think he never got the credit he deserves.

I saw him many many years ago and he was terrific but he missed out of the Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck status and I don't know why.

Its probable that the audience in HPB gig were young (correct me if i'm wrong) and many would not appreciate the singing quality of Tony or even know who he is but he didn't disapoint 40 years ago and glad to hear he did not last night.

I thought he was born in 1943 which would make him 73.

Angel1

As someone who edging getting on a bit (56) Tony Christie would appeal to us lot but I really think he never got the credit he deserves.

I saw him many many years ago and he was terrific but he missed out of the Tom Jones, Englebert Humperdinck status and I don't know why.

Its probable that the audience in HPB gig were young (correct me if i'm wrong) and many would not appreciate the singing quality of Tony or even know who he is but he didn't disapoint 40 years ago and glad to hear he did not last night.

.......quite simply although he had the voice in spades,he did not have the physical attributes that the female pop pickers are so keen on like the other two mentioned.

We saw him on Saturday night and to be honest my only thoughts after his performance were that he would have been Ok opening the show at the Fiesta (You youngsters google it) or as a turn on a cruise ship.

But before any fans start ranting at me, that's just my opinion.

Edited by mickyboy