Going Forward For The Owls..

top4718

Decent summing up Top and I agree for the most part. Unlike Mel I'd definitely keep Palmer, agreed his end pass is not there, but he is an academy product and we need some of them in the squad.

Matias needs to show it next season, no reason to get rid of him or indeed to get another winger in to replace him, but he needs to become more consistent and take more of a lead out on the pitch. Joao is still young and has shown enough to warrant keeping around at Hillsborough, particularly in the first half of the season.

Nuhiu... well, I'd get rid. That only leaves Hooper and Lavery upfront and I really would like to see more of Caolon - he can score, but he really should have shown more whilst at Chesterfield in my book. Hooper is one of those enigmatic scorers and I think we need him to lead the point next year, it would be his first full season for us and that can really help him and have the team understand him better.

Our midfield and GK positions are well filled, maybe some light refreshing for the midfield is in order, but no major changes needed. At the back though I think Loovens could do with some real competition. Turner has been a disappointment. I'd like to see an experienced player added in the centre of defence, I read that Bolton are releasing Wheater (wages presumably) and he would be a great pick-up for us to add an experienced head to that backline.

dont get me wrong Palmers good, but hes come up from League 1 with us, along with a few of the others, i just think we can strengthen a bit but grabbing a better player? if we want the premiership we need to look above a bit more, not those that came from below

Decent summing up Top and I agree for the most part. Unlike Mel I'd definitely keep Palmer, agreed his end pass is not there, but he is an academy product and we need some of them in the squad.

Matias needs to show it next season, no reason to get rid of him or indeed to get another winger in to replace him, but he needs to become more consistent and take more of a lead out on the pitch. Joao is still young and has shown enough to warrant keeping around at Hillsborough, particularly in the first half of the season.

Nuhiu... well, I'd get rid. That only leaves Hooper and Lavery upfront and I really would like to see more of Caolon - he can score, but he really should have shown more whilst at Chesterfield in my book. Hooper is one of those enigmatic scorers and I think we need him to lead the point next year, it would be his first full season for us and that can really help him and have the team understand him better.

Our midfield and GK positions are well filled, maybe some light refreshing for the midfield is in order, but no major changes needed. At the back though I think Loovens could do with some real competition. Turner has been a disappointment. I'd like to see an experienced player added in the centre of defence, I read that Bolton are releasing Wheater (wages presumably) and he would be a great pick-up for us to add an experienced head to that backline.

Wheater is a good player but at 31 maybe a gamble if we're looking for a quick mobile CD.

Alan Judge would come at a cost but would be worth pushing the boat out for.

CC is quoted as saying that recruiting should now be easier due to the style of football we now play, should be an interesting summer.

Palmer isn't even a good backup for right back

Not the time sentiments now. He did his job (still stunned he got POTY that year) but is nowhere near the standard we need to move forward.

I worry as to why we gave Nuhiu a new deal. I also worry that we may lose Westwood who has been the best keeper I've ever seen at S6.

Wheater is a good player but at 31 maybe a gamble if we're looking for a quick mobile CD.

CC is quoted as saying that recruiting should now be easier due to the style of football we now play, should be an interesting summer.

not sure about wheater either but an extra CB would be nice for competition. judge is a good shout, i think we should push the boat out to get him, i'd be happy with our wingers if we had him aswell as what we have

---------- Post added 30-05-2016 at 16:30 ----------

Not the time sentiments now. He did his job (still stunned he got POTY that year) but is nowhere near the standard we need to move forward.

I worry as to why we gave Nuhiu a new deal. I also worry that we may lose Westwood who has been the best keeper I've ever seen at S6.

if we can find a quality replacement for palmer then fair enough but i think we have been solid enough at the back without too many adjustments. to be fair to nuhiu now he is played with another striker he is ok and probably not on a hugh wage so handy to keep around as an extra option unless of course we can improve on him. westwood is a worry, if no premiership clubs try to buy him i'd be amazed. carlos has said chansiri isn't looking to sell anyone so we'll see if thats true in the close season

Wheater is 29, I can see him coming for a decent (as in not huge) wage and a good shot at promotion next season. If we had money I'd prefer an up and coming lad, around 23/24, but there aren't many around that I can think of that would really add something straight away, having said that, I don't think anybody could predict how good Lees would be, he truly was a bargain...

I think you are being quite harsh here, he is a decent enough backup. getting another right back that is better than Palmer, (assuming Hunt has the number one slot) is going to be expensive, do we want to do a Sheffield United and get an expensive right back, whilst we really could do with investment up front?

I think you are being quite harsh here, he is a decent enough backup. getting another right back that is better than Palmer, (assuming Hunt has the number one slot) is going to be expensive, do we want to do a Sheffield United and get an expensive right back, whilst we really could do with investment up front?

Sorry totally disagree (each to their own though). Palmer is not good enough, even as a back up IMO.

And it doesn't have to be expensive. Hunt was free. For me, I'd even possibly get someone else in and have Hunt as the backup.

We have to build from now. Otherwise we stand still.

Edited by senwar

Majority of the squad are under contract so it looks like the loanees will return to there parent clubs where there futures will be decided. I would try to sign Lopez, Pudil, and Bennett out of the loanees, and possibly Price which gives us four quality keepers. As long term i don,t see Lavery, Palmer and Stobbs making the step up thats required but if we can get them loaned out and it,s not costing us then it gives them a chance to shine. It,s the end of next season when i feel the axe will fall as a few contracts will be coming to an end. As for bringing in players two out and out wingers must be high up on the agenda, but i,ll leave it to CC he,ll know what he needs.

The Owls need a centre forward who can actually head a ball into the net ,the current two just seem to let the ball hit them on top of the head and it ends up in row Z.

They also need a winger who can supply the crosses( when we have to play route one) which would have helped when the passing game used against Hull was not working .

The Owls need a centre forward who can actually head a ball into the net ,the current two just seem to let the ball hit them on top of the head and it ends up in row Z.

They also need a winger who can supply the crosses( when we have to play route one) which would have helped when the passing game used against Hull was not working .

Nuhiu Is just not good enough , I know some like him but he never really looks like scoring . Hooper will score goals if get the right balls too him however if off form , Owls really do need Back up Forward

Nuhiu Is just not good enough , I know some like him but he never really looks like scoring . Hooper will score goals if get the right balls too him however if off form , Owls really do need Back up Forward

id say we do need a proper forward...or two

like you say

daves not good enough (hes ok with another striker, he causes problems, but we need more than that now)

hoopers scored a few but not ringing my bell tbh

nor is Joao

i like Lavery but hes a bit young and not really been given proper chance to prove himself

---------- Post added 31-05-2016 at 10:26 ----------

According to a workmate Boro are after Westwood