Engine management light on after using Tesco petrol

Although using supermarket petrol doesn't cause any major issues in my car, i don't generally buy it now because i have noticed that i get about 2-3mpg more on branded petrol, which pretty much wipes out any saving on buying the supermarket stuff !

Although using supermarket petrol doesn't cause any major issues in my car, i don't generally buy it now because i have noticed that i get about 2-3mpg more on branded petrol, which pretty much wipes out any saving on buying the supermarket stuff !

Given that the octane is checked for legal reasons, it seems very, very, unlikely that the same octane fuel from different sources can affect your MPG by any detectable margin. Never mind by the sort of value that you think you've measured.

---------- Post added 23-06-2016 at 08:46 ----------

Just to say the car has been fine ever since. The error was cleared and I've been running on Shell fuel again. I'm not going to stick another tank of Tesco fuel in to see if it happens again!

If you wanted to prove your point you would. :evil:

Are you having a laugh? 307 is one of the most unreliable car ever and you rekon you done 140k without problem

Nothing wrong with the 307, providing its looked after. My brothers went onto do 210,000 miles before he sold it. Mine is a 2003 model with 115,000 miles on the clock and recently sailed through yet another MOT like it does every year.

Have a look on the Peugeot forums to see other owners with their high miler 307s.