Woman says she was thrown out of barber shop for being female

Here's an interesting one:

A woman who wanted a haircut at a men's barbers was denied service, (& treated pretty shabbily IMO) even though she had used the same barber shop before to get her hair cut!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/15/woman-says-she-was-thrown-out-of-barber-shop-for-being-female-5883309/#ixzz4AKX87u6g

Not sure why women's hair cuts are hugely more expensive than men's, but at the inflated prices that many women's salons charge I'm not surprised that they choose to go to barber shop instead.

Probably if Mr Pizza hadn't have been so rude, this wouldn't have hit the headlines....Anyway, I'd thought he's have been glad of the custom.

She seems like a trouble causer to me. By her own words the barber kept repeating 'See you later' so she was obviously not respecting the Barber shops right to serve who they like otherwise she would have left and the barber would have had no need to carry on and then get irate. Why didnt she go away when the Barber said 'Ladies is that way'?

She seems like a trouble causer to me. By her own words the barber kept repeating 'See you later' so she was obviously not respecting the Barber shops right to serve who they like otherwise she would have left and the barber would have had no need to carry on and then get irate. Why didnt she go away when the Barber said 'Ladies is that way'?

You've peaked too soon, pace yourself.

Here's an interesting one:

A woman who wanted a haircut at a men's barbers was denied service, (& treated pretty shabbily IMO) even though she had used the same barber shop before to get her hair cut!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/15/woman-says-she-was-thrown-out-of-barber-shop-for-being-female-5883309/#ixzz4AKX87u6g

Not sure why women's hair cuts are hugely more expensive than men's, but at the inflated prices that many women's salons charge I'm not surprised that they choose to go to barber shop instead.

Probably if Mr Pizza hadn't have been so rude, this wouldn't have hit the headlines....Anyway, I'd thought he's have been glad of the custom.

I think Mr Pizza should start looking at some solicitors, he's likely to be facing some awkward questions.

Because businesses can't legally discriminate based on gender, which is quite clearly what they were doing...

Errrrrm i thought barbers and hairdressers had completely different training in cutting hair and barbers are trained to cut mens hair not womens... I could be completely wrong though!

But if this is the case then is the man in the wrong to refuse to cut a womans hair?? is it really discrimination that requires a trip to court and waste everyones time?

Also, any hairdresser / barber can refuse to cut anyone with nits/lice in their hair, how do we know she wasnt riddled with them?