Woman says she was thrown out of barber shop for being female

Apart from style, is there some fundamental difference that requires different skills?

She wanted a "mans" haircut...

If she'd wanted techniques that a barbers can't do, layering or some other thing that men have never even heard of, then refusing would be entirely reasonable. But if she wants a number 2 back and sides and trim on top, then that's what they do.

Well neither side have said that she had lice... So I'm going to assume she doesn't for now.

My mum used to have a 'men's haircut' (very short), so she went to the local barbers to get it cut for a couple of quid a time. They never had a problem with her.

Women are always criticizing other women's appearances. A lot of women plain hate other women.

Which is why I always chuckle at the notion that places/institutions will function better if the leadership roles at them are comprised mostly of women. The biggest belittler of women is......other women.

That prejudice and discrimination exist in spite of the law? Or that "it would be nice to know which businesses don't really want to serve me so that I can avoid them and give my money to a business that does want to serve me".

If it's the former, then yes they do exist. But then so does robbery, rape and murder, and they're still illegal.

If it's the latter, then I would suggest that it's you that is out of step, as I would imagine that most people would rather feel they can go to any shop and be served by someone who is generally pleasant and wants their custom; rather than have to faff about & avoid certain shops because the shop assistant was surly.

Or perhaps to avoid confusion, shop owners could put a sign on their doors saying 'No Blacks, and No Irish'....

That's what I want but the law prevents me from knowing this by forcing all businesses to serve me no matter how much they hate something about me.

I think shop owners should be allowed to have signs in their windows saying no whites, no men, no tattoos, no nose piercings, no shorts. They shouldn't be forced to serve people they don't want to serve and I would prefer to know that they don't really want to serve me.

Interesting.

I always figured that after looking at a woman's face and stating she 'does look like a bloke' wouldn't be seen by many as anything other than a criticism of their appearance.

I was waiting for somebody to comment as soon as I read the opening post. It was meant to be critical, and it was a misogynistic comment.

This is not to say that the person who said it was a misogynistic at all.

Most of us are not misogynistic, racist or homophobic, but I'm willing to bet that all of us have let slip a misogynistic, racist or homophobic comment occasionally.

The thing is that Anna Kaminski has merely adopted the daft media pose of a hard done to person that the media like to show, and Alcoblog started a thread on here. Add to that, she has a very short haircut practical for her job. I suspect most women sporting a grumpy look and short back and sides haircut are going to look little different to a bloke.

So why it's relevant here I've no idea, although it was rather predictable.

The only relevant argument against her complaint would be for evidence as to why it was impractical to serve her, and as yet there has been none.

On the contrary it treats every equally no matter how distasteful you find their beliefs and opinion.

The current law discriminates against people whose options and beliefs you don't like.

You're off on one again aren't you, this is like the sutty theory of the origin of the universe. makes no sense to anyone.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:57 ----------

I think we all judged her when we saw that photo.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 10:58 ----------

I didn't say that. Happy to provide clarification. :hihi:

Carry on and clarify then...

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:58 ----------

Biologically we are different. We should be celebrating our differences. Why do we have to be "cookie cutter" replicas?

This specifically.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 13:00 ----------

Nobody has said that men or women must be identical, which was what you seemed to be worried about.

What was the cookie cutter comment if not a reference to people being identical...

You're off on one again aren't you, this is like the sutty theory of the origin of the universe. makes no sense to anyone.

Some ideas are just too complicated for some people to understand. You obviously want people that hate you to be forced to serve you and despite the fact they hate you, you are happy to give them your money.

I on the other hand would prefer to know if someone doesn't like me so that I can avoid giving them my money.

Would you force someone to make you a sandwich or a coffee, if they don't really want to do it they are likely to do something nasty in it.

Which is why I always chuckle at the notion that places/institutions will function better if the leadership roles at them are comprised mostly of women. The biggest belittler of women is......other women.

Imagine that.

We think men are competitive in the boardroom. Jeez.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:29 ----------

So are men. its not exclusively something that happens to women.

Men criticise other mens appearance in the same way women do?

I have no experience of this.:confused:

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:31 ----------

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:57 ----------

Carry on and clarify then...

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 12:58 ----------

This specifically.

---------- Post added 02-06-2016 at 13:00 ----------

What was the cookie cutter comment if not a reference to people being identical...

You'd need to do research on modern feminism to understand.