Woman says she was thrown out of barber shop for being female

I have often wondered if I can call up Sheila's Wheels for insurance. Just for kicks and giggles. I'd be interested to know if they do flat refuse male drivers or just quote obscene amounts to dissuade.

Though....the EU said you cannot charge male and female drivers different amounts solely on gender now. Have they gone bust? I haven't seen one of their irritating adverts in yonks. Thank god!!

Sheilas Wheels are still going according to my quick google. The fate of the lesser known Alans Alloys Insurance is less clear ;)

Because at first i didnt really take in her appearance and then when i went back to the link and took a look at her i realised she had very very short hair!!

The relevance is because i was thinking of a barber refusing to cut long luscious locks..

Don't be so sensitive and think people can't post things just because you don't get it!

I get it totally. I also think it had more than a hint of the misogynistic about it.

Which is odd, considering I thought you were a woman too.

I appreciate women can be misogynistic, it's just you don't see it very often on here.

I get it totally. I also think it had more than a hint of the misogynistic about it.

Which is odd, considering I thought you were a woman too.

I appreciate women can be misogynistic, it's just you don't see it very often on here.

Sorry, I should rephrase! She's very handsome looking and not what i first imagined..

I have often wondered if I can call up Sheila's Wheels for insurance. Just for kicks and giggles. I'd be interested to know if they do flat refuse male drivers or just quote obscene amounts to dissuade.

Though....the EU said you cannot charge male and female drivers different amounts solely on gender now. Have they gone bust? I haven't seen one of their irritating adverts in yonks. Thank god!!

You can call them and they will sell you a policy. they have long known of the implications. They focus on appealing to women by added extras, now. Have done for a long time.

Looks like Mr Pizza has an Equalities Act claim coming his way and seems unaware of discrimination laws.

Here's an interesting one:

A woman who wanted a haircut at a men's barbers was denied service, (& treated pretty shabbily IMO) even though she had used the same barber shop before to get her hair cut!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/15/woman-says-she-was-thrown-out-of-barber-shop-for-being-female-5883309/#ixzz4AKX87u6g

Not sure why women's hair cuts are hugely more expensive than men's, but at the inflated prices that many women's salons charge I'm not surprised that they choose to go to barber shop instead.

Probably if Mr Pizza hadn't have been so rude, this wouldn't have hit the headlines....Anyway, I'd thought he's have been glad of the custom.

£10 for a "number <>" trim with the clippers is a rip-off anyway!

Here's an interesting one:

A woman who wanted a haircut at a men's barbers was denied service, (& treated pretty shabbily IMO) even though she had used the same barber shop before to get her hair cut!

http://metro.co.uk/2016/05/15/woman-says-she-was-thrown-out-of-barber-shop-for-being-female-5883309/#ixzz4AKX87u6g

Not sure why women's hair cuts are hugely more expensive than men's, but at the inflated prices that many women's salons charge I'm not surprised that they choose to go to barber shop instead.

Probably if Mr Pizza hadn't have been so rude, this wouldn't have hit the headlines....Anyway, I'd thought he's have been glad of the custom.

It's a private business catering for mens hair. He can do whatever he likes.

It's a private business catering for mens hair. He can do whatever he likes.

Montgomery Bus was a private business catering for white folk at the front and black at the back. They could do whatever they like ... until even folk like you could see that it was wrong.

I'm not sure that I'd want my hair cutting by someone who doesn't normally do womens hair. I certainly wouldn't want it cutting by someone who didn't want to do the job. Looking like you've just finished Chemo isn't a great look.

Oooooush!! i'm surprised this little gem hasn't been picked up by the keyboard warriors! :o;)