Woman says she was thrown out of barber shop for being female

You can run services aimed at one sex , but the reason for refusing someone must be objectively justifiable. In this case she wanted the same cut as men get.

Exactamundo.

Even Spearmint Rhino has no problem admitting women into their "gentlemen's clubs".

Which makes Mr Pizza's business more sexist than a strip club.

Exactamundo.

Even Spearmint Rhino has no problem admitting women into their "gentlemen's clubs".

Which makes Mr Pizza's business more sexist than a strip club.

I dont think they let unaccompanied women in.:suspect:

The actual term Barber means; "a person whose occupation is mainly to cut, dress, groom, style and shave men's and boys' hair."

So yes, its a place for males to have the above done.

I notice that the proprietor when asked if he did not serve female clients didn't answer. If he had said no then he probably would have been discriminating.

You're allowed to discriminate if it's the main characteristic, a private club etc.

They've got the 'womens institute'?

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 18:36 ----------

Why would we end it on an entirely incorrect assertion?

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 18:02 ----------

Are you now confusing shop with private club?

I explained it once. Look it up for yourself.

It's main characteristic is 'male style hair dressers" because it is illegal to discriminate on the basis of sex, because as you notice it is a public shop.

Every week there someone moaning about inequality this and that. Buy some clippers for f-sakes.

:confused:

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 18:49 ----------

because as you notice it is a public shop.

Are they advertising to women?

Every week there someone moaning about inequality this and that. Buy some clippers for f-sakes.

:confused:

So at least you recognise the futility of your 'argument', and so resort to this. That's good.

Now go and think about how a woman with polycystic ovary syndrome and wants her beard trimming would feel if you told her to go to a woman's hairdressers.

---------- Post added 01-06-2016 at 18:53 ----------

Are they advertising to women?

Yes, it's on the public high street. They are open to the public. You do know what public means is assume.

Why would we end it on an entirely incorrect assertion?

?

It isn't incorrect, if your business specifically caters to one social demographic, you do not have to offer services to all.

You will disagree with everyone as is the norm for you I imagine.