HMRC online and phone - an endless circle of nonsense

You may (or may not) be amused by this message from HMRC's Chief Executive:

"...we’re changing the way we manage the tax system: putting our customers at the heart of what we do, delivering world-class digital services, making the best use of data, making it easy for the honest majority to do their taxes and hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system........It’s no coincidence that each of our three new groups have ‘Customer’ as the first word in their name.

Our new structure will help us to become an organisation that is truly focused on customers, providing great customer service and designing policies, products and processes with customers in mind"

What a load of old toss.

:hihi::hihi:

Makes you wonder if most of the people 'cheating the system' are like me, and can't get the damn thing to work and just give up.

World class digital services??!?!?!??

Bollards. The hmrc website has been designed by a mad man. It's awful, often circular, taking you through different pages for no real reason. I've got at least two logins, one for paye and one for vat, I might have a third actually. Can I put that info together? Good heavens no.

:thumbsup: Spot on.

You may (or may not) be amused by this message from HMRC's Chief Executive:

"...we’re changing the way we manage the tax system: putting our customers at the heart of what we do, delivering world-class digital services, making the best use of data, making it easy for the honest majority to do their taxes and hard for the dishonest minority to cheat the system........It’s no coincidence that each of our three new groups have ‘Customer’ as the first word in their name.

Our new structure will help us to become an organisation that is truly focused on customers, providing great customer service and designing policies, products and processes with customers in mind"

What a load of old toss.

This reminds me of the DWP webpage that went "If you would like to know more about digital inclusion click here". Error 404 - page not found

This reminds me of the DWP webpage that went "If you would like to know more about digital inclusion click here". Error 404 - page not found

:hihi:

I tried cancelling part of my BT contract last month, and after clicking on seemingly hundreds of options to find any kind of cancellation option, see the same page when clicked! :hihi: They have also timed the message so it 'appears to try and find it' first before telling you the page is down :hihi:

Amazing though, if you click on 'I want more things', which is most of the site, the page is open before my finger has completed the second half of the mouse click procedure.

:hihi:

I tried cancelling part of my BT contract last month, and after clicking on seemingly hundreds of options to find any kind of cancellation option, see the same page when clicked! :hihi: They have also timed the message so it 'appears to try and find it' first before telling you the page is down :hihi:

Amazing though, if you click on 'I want more things', which is most of the site, the page is open before my finger has completed the second half of the mouse click procedure.

With these automated systems I always try the option that would generate the most money for the company and then ask to be put through to the relevant department.

With these automated systems I always try the option that would generate the most money for the company and then ask to be put through to the relevant department.

Yes I tried that once, but I think they've worked on that and ask you to phone another number, or put you through to where the other number takes you.

Yes I tried that once, but I think they've worked on that and ask you to phone another number, or put you through to where the other number takes you.

It is very frustrating. Companies and large public sector organisations seem intent on speaking to us as little as possible, hiding relevant phone numbers and making us do all the work while they pocket the savings - then they want us to respond to endless customer feedback requests so that we do their market research for them (for nowt) and then they want us to advertise them on Facebook. Something has gone wrong here.

It is very frustrating. Companies and large public sector organisations seem intent on speaking to us as little as possible, hiding relevant phone numbers and making us do all the work while they pocket the savings - then they want us to respond to endless customer feedback requests so that we do their market research for them (for nowt) and then they want us to advertise them on Facebook. Something has gone wrong here.

Couldn't agree more.

Just make sure they are a " creative " accountant .:)

If by 'creative' you mean dishonest, then that's the last thing you want in an accountant.

The ideal accountant is honest and knows how to minimise your tax bill within the law so that you save more than you spend in paying their fees.