Sheffield Window Centre..feedback

We recently had all our windows are doors replaced. They came from Sheffield Window Centre and were fitted by one of their independent fitters. Whilst I have no issues whatsoever with regards to the installation....the same cannot be said for the quality of the units both windows, doors, patio doors. They are absolutely dreadful. Shocking quality. The Windows that came out were nearly 30 years old. Most of the sealed double glazing units had blown which caused misting between the glass panes. We decided rather than have all the glass replaced we would instead replace the whole lot for peace of mind. Whilst I admit they look stunning. The quality of materials and workmanship is horrendous.....shockingly bad. Up close it is clear that they are really cheaply made with no hint of attention made to quality control.

After contacting them with regards to a list full of defects, they agreed to send someone out to rectify the problems.....typically all the new items sent out were either the wrong size or the wrong style. We haven't heard back from them since.

My partner has just attempted to open the patio window which has dropped again, in doing so noticed the chrome lacquer is already bubbling on the handles! Just awful!! Like most people, we've had to take out a huge loan to pay for all this, why can't they just take more interest in the quality of their products. I really wish I could turn the clock back...it grates me no end that I've paid good money out and in return received such poorly made items.

Anybody else had similar issues.

We both now regret using them. I thought this kind of bad practice had disappeared long ago...obviously not!!

We had our windows replaced around 15 years ago, so cannot comment on current performance. They made a mistake in measuring up which meant that the windows, when installed, did not appear as good as they should. They sorted it out quickly and without quibbling (presumably at some costs to them as the sealed units needed to be changed).

Misakes can always happen, but how a company then reacts speaks volumes IMO.

Also, about 10 years after installation, I started having problems with the lock on my front door. As I wasn't sure and didn't want to risk making matters worse, I contacted them. They came out, lubrcated it a little, and didn't want any payment. It has been fine since. I felt a little stupid at the time as it was such a simple problem.

Basically, as far as I'm concerned, they have been excellent and I would recommend them, and be happy to use them again.

When we used them, they were not the cheapest quote, but seemed the most competent and happy to provide full details of the hardware used - Which some weren't.

We were very satisfied (as have been many others on threads on here), but as said above, it was a few years ago, so I've no experience of their current performance.

I have just had some windows and a door fitted by SWC. I had previously used them 20 years ago and they were very good.

This time seemed the same, the fitters were great and attention to detail faultless. All looked good again.

Within a few weeks the door started leaking, they came back and fixed it

straight away. I mentioned the bright work was disappointing (pitted) so they replaced that as well, he did say they had problems with the brightwork.

So all in all they did all they could quickly and with a smile.

If it was my business I would have ditched the brightwork supplier at the first sign of problems. Will I use them again? probably, because I like the way they do business.