Opinions firth park ?

I was offered a place there 13 years ago and was dubious because what I had heard about it but had to take it. My road was fine and as long as you didn't go looking for trouble you were ok. There is crime in the area but it didn't seem as bad as what I had been told before moving there. I lived there for 8 years and I was broken into once but that was before the council improved all the windows and doors and was relatively easy to break into and was apparently one man on a bit of a spree that night (he had broken into several houses in the area). I didn't hear of any other break-ins while I lived there but I did go to uni or work quite early and get back quite late n stayed in cos I had put my son to bed. It is not the best area but it is cheap to live and I always think an area is what you make of it. Good luck with your move.

It's like a third world ghetto in places and the shopping centre is plagued with thieves. You to live there to know what it's like. The shopkeepers have a hard job with shoplifters and my friends are scared of going to the cashpoint on their own in broad daylight

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 06:42 ----------

I was offered a place there 13 years ago and was dubious because what I had heard about it but had to take it. My road was fine and as long as you didn't go looking for trouble you were ok. There is crime in the area but it didn't seem as bad as what I had been told before moving there. I lived there for 8 years and I was broken into once but that was before the council improved all the windows and doors and was relatively easy to break into and was apparently one man on a bit of a spree that night (he had broken into several houses in the area). I didn't hear of any other break-ins while I lived there but I did go to uni or work quite early and get back quite late n stayed in cos I had put my son to bed. It is not the best area but it is cheap to live and I always think an area is what you make of it. Good luck with your move.

Afraid it's gone down nick since then. It was a lovely place when I was younger but it is in close proximity to the no go area round Fir Vale where even the police don't go and I'm not exaggerating

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 06:43 ----------

Afraid it's gone down nick since then. It was a lovely place when I was younger but it is in close proximity to the no go area round Fir Vale where even the police don't go and I'm not exaggerating

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 06:47 ----------

In same position, moving there over the summer hopefully. Had a few drive rounds, doesnt seem to be anything worse than I've seen elsewhere. Shame Coop is gone, but other than that is the typical suburban area, few take aways, few bookies, no pub :(, and some lads hanging about. But I'm pretty sure you get that in every area, up and down the country. Think bad area is very relative..

It is not relative, I have friends who live nearby and I go there occasionally and it's sad to see what it's become.

You are exaggerating. There are no no-go areas in Sheffield and it's ludicrous to claim there are. I've heard this said countless times about Pitsmoor, that the police don't go there (they do, although there's not much need for them these days), taxi drivers won't go there (loads of them live there).

By the way, there are no 'third world ghettoes' either. A ghetto is somewhere that people from one ethnic background are put into to separate them from the majority culture. Firth Park is very mixed, it isn't a ghetto.

The whole tone of your post is 'it was fine until the darkies moved in'. There are better places to live, sure. There are also worse places, Lower Manor or Gleadless Valley for a start. Wincobank and Shiregreen are no picnic either, but since they are majority white you never hear the same criticisms voiced so loudly.

As for your friends who are too scared to go to the cashpoint in the daytime - I've been to the cashpoints in Firth Park loads of times and have had no issues at all and not felt threatened.

It's like a third world ghetto in places and the shopping centre is plagued with thieves. You to live there to know what it's like. The shopkeepers have a hard job with shoplifters and my friends are scared of going to the cashpoint on their own in broad daylight

It is not relative, I have friends who live nearby and I go there occasionally and it's sad to see what it's become.

No no no. The words you're looking for are. Vibrant. Enriched. Multicultural. Nonwaycist. Melting-pot paradise.

I am looking to see if anyone can give me any info about firth park as I have been offered a house there and people say its a bad area

You should ignore the views you get on here about this.you will get a stream of rubbish from people who have never been to the area and who are frightened of dark skins.

The best thing would be to go and look round the area yourself. Firth Park is not a "bad area"

You should ignore the views you get on here about this.you will get a stream of rubbish from people who have never been to the area and who are frightened of dark skins.

The best thing would be to go and look round the area yourself. Firth Park is not a "bad area"

You've posted very similar on a thread about Pitsmoor.

Perhaps on this occasion though, these people who are slating an area are right. Look at the crime statistics openly available on the Police website. Look at the OFSTED ratings of the schools in the area, and the tables for the attainment of pupils. Look at the levels of unemployment.

All these things are openly available, and indisputable.

These areas, compared to other areas of Sheffield, are far worse I'm afraid. You can't possibly even try to argue that it's no worse than the traditionally "nicer" areas, such as Dore/Whirlow/S10.

On this occasion, it's nothing to do with racism, and although there are of course racist idiots around, this isn't linked to race I'd suggest.

PS I was brought up on one of these estates and my family still live there. I'm just honest about how rough it was.

Well we've lived here for over 20 years never had any trouble we have a nice house its a corner plot with loads of land,I suppose there are some rough parts here and it does seem to be going through a bit of a change,but its has actually got a bit better than it was in the past say about 10 years ago it was a bit bad,you have to remember that firth park is a large area and some parts are a lot different,we live at the lane top area,I would say have a look at the area where the house is and you will get some idea.

---------- Post added 09-06-2016 at 14:12 ----------

Just want to add a bit about the foreign people in firth park...on the whole they are better neighbours and better behaved than the so called indigenous people from the area,our neighbour is a very good bloke and a better neighbour than the previous white family who lived there.

Afraid it's gone down nick since then. It was a lovely place when I was younger but it is in close proximity to the no go area round Fir Vale where even the police don't go and I'm not exaggerating[COLOR="Silver"]

[/color]

My bold=

Yes you are exaggerating, the police do come around fir vale and no it is not a no go area although I think what you mean is it is a no go area for you due to your prejudices...