Opinions firth park ?

Firth park is one of Sheffield's nicer neglected lower class areas.

Many friendly multicultural and few white non upper class people who cannot afford expensive clothes, dress up or afford to show off with money. No expensive restaurants, only cheap takeaways and second hand clothes shops, bookies, easy to find parking. It is rare to see brand new cars, most have a little live.

Few very nice middle class citizens are still left there or come to enjoy the cheaper cost of living around firth park while saving for a mortgage elsewhere.

No pubs

What an awful thing to say! My parents have live in firth park for 30+ years have worked hard all there lives, had numerous brand new cars and dress nicely!! My dad refuses to move he loves his house and the area!!

What an awful thing to say! My parents have live in firth park for 30+ years have worked hard all there lives, had numerous brand new cars and dress nicely!! My dad refuses to move he loves his house and the area!!

The interesting thing is that firth park is a nice lower class area with still a few but not too many like your dad together in one area.

A friend who lives there has the mortgage paid off and loves the fact that the area comes with little and few financial pressures. His neighbours are saving for a mortgage elsewhere.

It is not wrong of me to call it a nice but lower class run down area with friendly people, there is not one fancy restaurant, the supermarket has closed, no fancy hairdressers, no shoe shops. The buses there have clearly poorer people in them than the middle and upper class places in Sheffield.

Edited by dutch

That's simply not possible due to the catchment areas in the city. You can't just "choose" your secondary, which is why those who want their children to go to the best schools live in the south-west of the city (excluding the few faith schools).

You can apply for any school you want. You just have to put your top three schools when it comes to applying for your child's secondary school I know many people (including myself) who did not put their catchment school in their top three as they knew their child would struggle to do well there (children can do well in all schools but it is harder for them in some than in others). Not all children who apply for schools outside of their catchment area will get in but there are lots of people who do send there children to schools outside the catchment area, including catholic schools when they may or may not be catholic.

My bold=

Yes you are exaggerating, the police do come around fir vale and no it is not a no go area although I think what you mean is it is a no go area for you due to your prejudices...

Are you saying Fir Vale is the posh end of Page Hall. ? :)

I will repeat myself, but check the crime rates. These are facts and no one can blame it on prejudice :)

Now some say that few streets are better, few streets are worse. But I personally would be interested in the area as a whole. It's not much of a win if I live on a single nice street and have to walk through dump to get there.