In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

While we're in the midst of hard campaigning for the EU in-out election coming up on the 23rd June. Has anyone been actually convinced from a previous standpoint either way?

If so, what made you switch? Was it something someone said? Was it just a feeling? Friends who persuaded you? Some celebrity endorsed voting one way or the other?

I'm not talking about the undecided voters, just anyone who 'has' actually changed their minds as a result of the campaigning.

While we're in the midst of hard campaigning for the EU in-out election coming up on the 23rd June. Has anyone been actually convinced from a previous standpoint either way?

If so, what made you switch? Was it something someone said? Was it just a feeling? Friends who persuaded you? Some celebrity endorsed voting one way or the other?

I'm not talking about the undecided voters, just anyone who 'has' actually changed their minds as a result of the campaigning.

Several times.

Knowledge & bits & pieces. Unravelling the maze of facts & figures. Listening to the politicians,

Us Brits have a sense of fair play & knowing what we know about how Brussels operates I cannot see how we can justify supporting such an anti democratic institution.

Saying that it's not an immediate solution to everything, us leaving.

I do not think immigration will be solved overnight.

The economy is another step into the unknown.

My feeling is we will truly start to see the benefits of brexit 5 years on. I can only see membership getting more like a burden for the UK.Costing more than we put in.

Yes i have, several times and i'm still not 100% sure which way i'll go..

Trouble is, for me i don't feel like either side are giving us actual facts and figures, it's all scaremongering and hypocrisy from both sides!

No.

I was decided even before David Cameron went on his renegotiation trip. So the whole campaign has just been an annoyance as far as I'm concerned, listening to both sides' falsehoods and guesses.

I voted a couple of days ago.

I'm with you on that one...I have firmly set opinions, from 1974 (ish) when I voted in the Common market Yes or no (voted no back then) and for me nothing has changed my opinion, in fact now I'm even more 'hardened'.

Trouble is, for me i don't feel like either side are giving us actual facts and figures, it's all scaremongering and hypocrisy from both sides!

The scaremongering puts off voters. I feel the remain side is worse.

A few say this on the TV debates. What facts and figures can the OUT really provide? The IN is pretty much the status quo, so they can just quote what goes on now.

That's why I think the debates don't really go anywhere.

I thought I would be voting with remain, but now think I will be voting for Brexit. I was concerned about employment rights but have come to realise that there is little or no protection anyway if you are on a zero hour contract; as many people are. I am also concerned about the burden of migration on the NHS and other organisations and housing will continue to be in short supply and rents get ever more expensive as new migrants move further north out of London to save on housing benefit.

Be careful, if we get Brexit, the world will definitely end. :hihi:

I thought I would be voting with remain, but now think I will be voting for Brexit. I was concerned about employment rights but have come to realise that there is little or no protection anyway if you are on a zero hour contract; as many people are. I am also concerned about the burden of migration on the NHS and other organisations and housing will continue to be in short supply and rents get ever more expensive as new migrants move further north out of London to save on housing benefit.

Zero Hour contracts are absolutely nothing to do with the EU. They were invented in the UK and only came of prevalence when the UK clamped down on the black jobs market in the 90s. Other European countries have followed with their use.

Zero hour contracts are great for, for instance, the hospitality industry, where coverage can be given to weddings and other events. Where there were an issue was where some companies (there was one large sports retail provider who received particular publicity) inserted exclusivity clauses meaning that you were not allowed to work for anyone else, irrespective of the number of hours you were given. These clauses were outlawed by the Government at the beginning of this year.

Your employment rights are identical if you are on a zero hour contract or any other sort of Contract of Employment. Your protected rights only come into effect after two years service, something that was changed by the coalition Government not the EU.

I think it may be worth reading the EU referendum thread - there is lots of explanation on there as to why leaving the EU will have little impact on immigration - indeed it could possibly be made worse.

Edited by MobileB