In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I'll ask a different way...what do you think will happen to our economy should we leave the EU..do you think it will dip?

You keep asking a question that 'I' 'you' nor anyone can reliably answer. You're hoping I'll give some sort of figure only to refute it.

It's the same as the whole debate generally. It's all guesswork, because a sizeable portion of the electorate have never known anything 'but' being in the EU. (I have).

Anyway, my best guess (and I'll admit it's a guess), that the markets 'may' take a dip, for a little while. But I don't believe seismic, and certainly not the apocalyptic disaster the remainers would have us believe. Certainly not on the same scale as the crash. (How many reputable economic institution forecast that?...The one's the remainers are wheeling out by the barrel load)

You keep asking a question that 'I' 'you' nor anyone can reliably answer. You're hoping I'll give some sort of figure only to refute it.

It's the same as the whole debate generally. It's all guesswork, because a sizeable portion of the electorate have never known anything 'but' being in the EU. (I have).

Anyway, my best guess (and I'll admit it's a guess), that the markets 'may' take a dip, for a little while. But I don't believe seismic, and certainly not the apocalyptic disaster the remainers would have us believe. Certainly not on the same scale as the crash. (How many reputable economic institution forecast that?...The one's the remainers are wheeling out by the barrel load)

If you know something Pete then you'd better tell us!!!!!! :hihi:

Nope..I was only asking for your opinion...not for figures..you'd be happy to take a recession if it means leaving the EU?

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 13:49 ----------

Yes another slimy politician.

I was referring to the electorate. Many of whom just want better jobs, better NHS, more control over daily life.

How is leaving the EU going to provide those? Genuine question.. the issue is that we will still be affected by decisions made within the EU and we'd have absolutely no input into them..

Edited by truman

Nope..I was only asking for your opinion...not for figures..you'd be happy to take a recession if it means leaving the EU?

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 13:49 ----------

How is leaving the EU going to provide those? Genuine question..

More money in the kitty for the NHS

Decisions made centrally not by unelected beaurocrats

Less net migration

According to another BBC News article this morning, the Leavers are ahead of the Remainers in a current poll they've done..

Not that it means much but i'm pretty sure this is the first time the leavers have been ahead of the remainers since the whole debate began.

That's a YouGov poll. An ICM poll last week had it 48-40 for Exit; this week its 43-42 for remain. There has been no previous referendum like this which is why the polls are all over the place.

Leave is as short as 2/1 at the bookies

The odds on Scottish Independence were firmly for the Union...then Indy caught up. In the end I think they stopped taking bets.

Bookies are in it to make money. Their odds formulae reflect money placed on either outcome being maximised for their own profit.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 13:53 ----------

More money in the kitty for the NHS

Decisions made centrally not by unelected beaurocrats

Less net migration

You hope

Not that old chestnut..geeeez

You hope