In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

From what a lot of exiters say we have no influence over decisions made in the EU so maybe he was right... :)

How much 'influence' did we have with Cameron's renegotiation?

Was it a good deal he came back with? Why has he quietly forgotten about it?

To use your favourite phrase "Genuine Question"

No idea Pete I only know the same as you..

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 14:53 ----------

We may as well share the misery.

A very positive point for leaving... :D

Will you be saying that when Nissan and Toyota and Hitachi follow suit...or are they only here 'cos of the weather... :)

Do you mean like Peugeot were?

How beneficial to us was the EU, when The Ryton plant closed, and production was moved to Slovakia?

How much in grants was given to the Trnava plant from the EU?

How much for Ryton, and why thes delay?

Where was your computer made and how much could you have afforded to pay for a British one?

I have no idea where it was made, but then I have no idea where most of the stuff I consume came from, I do know that we shouldn't be buying from countries that offer cheap stuff at the expense of the environment and work force. What's the point in the UK having employment rights, good wages, environmental protections and quality control, if all it does it increase the price to the point we buy from countries that don't have employment rights, good wages, and environmental protections and quality control.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 14:55 ----------

So you're condemning us all to buy goods that are far more expensive than they need be and hamstringing our exporting manufacturers..? If I have it wrong then could you clarify what you mean..

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 14:45 ----------

The UK market is tiny...

We could always get rid of the welfare system, minimum wage, employment rights, environmental protections and quality control in order to make stuff cheaper.

To be fair he does keep mentioning the reformed EU which relates to the negotiations he made. Though, he has apparently forgot that he said we might leave if he didn't get that deal. I think it was a bit of a bluff.

That doesn't make sense to me.

I think we'll do better out in the long-term and any short-term shocks will be small.

Well some seem to relish a dip in our own economy they keep spouting on about it, I'm just sharing it out.

I also think we'd be better out, any short or long term shocks would be worth it big or small.

Do you mean like Peugeot were?

How beneficial to us was the EU, when The Ryton plant closed, and production was moved to Slovakia?

How much in grants was given to the Trnava plant from the EU?

How much for Ryton, and why thes delay?

From Autocar. It was a simple business decision.

"(Ryton) has always been an anomaly among Peugeot’s plants. It is not big enough to be truly economic, and expansion of the Ryton site is prevented by the major roads that run either side of it. Shipping parts in from France – including body panels and powertrains – is expensive, especially when they must cross the Channel, making a Ryton-built 206 £287 more expensive to build than a Poissy-made example."

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/analysis-why-ryton-closing

I'm afraid you're very close to the North Korea model.

Let's say that you're very good at making flour and your neighbour is very good at making sugar.

You can make your own sugar, but it would be a lot of effort and wouldn't be very good. Your neighbour can make his own flour, but it would be a lot of effort and not very good.

What are you going to do? Stick with your own crappy sugar or swap flour for sugar with your neighbour, so that everybody gets good cake?

But we can make very good sugar and flour, we can't do it as cheaply as some countries though because we care about quality, employment right, and the environment, that doesn't mean we should buy it from them though.