In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

There are many other factors in play.

Free trade make everybody more efficient and increases everybody's standard of living. It also prevents wars.

Even if we confine ourselves to trading with the first world where there are employment rights etc. We're still better off than the PDRK approach.

Anyway, as I say, we can have this out after Brexit. When the country can finally make these decisions for itself.

Free trade within a society, it doesn't matter if the society is small or large though. War will be the least of our problems if everyone's standard of living increases to anything close to the standard of living in the UK, it would also become more likely.

If economic growth is dependant on exports then the worlds economy shouldn't be able to grow.

I still think the eu will do everything it can to stop us going including offering a better deal and yes I know the eu and Cameron say this will not happen.

Great. Let's see it. If it's acceptable to the British people I for one will back it. :suspect:

Grants were given to develop road/rail/air infrastructure in the area, same as the EU does in all other underdeveloped areas of member states (such as Wales in the UK).

No EU grants were given to KIA, PSA, VW or any other car manufacturer, and of course the EU capped the national grants which Slovakia itself could offer to them ('investment incentive limit' of 15%), same as the EU does for any other country (to prevent inter-member subsidy-based dumping).

:)

And where did the money to fund the EU grants to the national governments come from?

Which countries are net contributors?

Free trade within a society, it doesn't matter if the society is small or large though. War will be the least of our problems if everyone's standard of living increases to anything close to the standard of living in the UK, it would also become more likely.

If economic growth is dependant on exports then the worlds economy shouldn't be able to grow.

The worlds economy grows because we are able to either find more resources or we become better (mostly due to technological advancement) at making use of the resources we have. I'm assuming here that we've corrected for population growth.

This is basic economics.

Under suttynomics, where are you going to get oil?

And where did the money to fund the EU grants to the national governments come from?

Which countries are net contributors?

Germany, France, Italy, the UK (deffo these 4), Spain up until 2007, very probably Luxemburg still, maybe a couple more northern members.

EDIT - here you go for 2007 (a bit old, I know), just click the 'Net Contribution' button.

EDIT 2 - this is better, more up to date and it averages the net contribution over the 2007-1013 period (negative sign is a net contribution).

And of course the 4 EEA/EFTA guys (Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland) since they get nothing back from the EU at all -except for new EU legislation :D- for their annual contribution.

I take it that you object to the UK being a "rich" member providing a net contribution?

Edited by L00b
fixed 2nd link

2 sources actually. and could cite countless others which all say the same thing.

UK is powerless to stop the steel industry imploding due to EU regulation.

Rubbish. Read the Guardian article properly.

Don't you think its odd that their Union leader (TUC I think) accuses the EU of letting the Italians save their industry and says this wouldn't happen in France or Germany?

So on the one hand people are saying the EU prevents us saving British steel and on the other people are saying the EU is allowing them to do exactly that in other EU countries.

Its a very muddled argument you guys are using!

Vote in before you hurt yourself Tom.

That doesn't explain why Spain needs our ex-pats..could you clarify?

We are not going as economic migrants or un-skilled job seekers. Spain doesnt have a welfare state to speak of. :)

we are property buyers, business owners, travellers, self-sustaining older people spending money in the Spanish economy.

It would be madness to send us home. considering spains economic situation.

Edited by Tomjames
.ghghf

We are not going as economic migrants or un-skilled job seekers. Spain doesnt have a welfare state to speak of. :)

we are property buyers, business owners, travellers, self-sustaining older people spending money in the Spanish economy.

How come the expat Brit retirees are managing to cost the Spanish NHS €1.2bn a year, then? :huh:

Rubbish. Read the Guardian article properly.

Don't you think its odd that their Union leader (TUC I think) accuses the EU of letting the Italians save their industry and says this wouldn't happen in France or Germany?

So on the one hand people are saying the EU prevents us saving British steel and on the other people are saying the EU is allowing them to do exactly that in other EU countries.

Its a very muddled argument you guys are using!

Vote in before you hurt yourself Tom.

That's the current governments fault for not backing higher tariffs. I don't know the conditions of that legislature so can't comment.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 15:45 ----------

How come the expat Brit retirees are managing to cost the Spanish NHS €1.2bn a year, then? :huh:

Don't know. Link?:confused:

I guess because Brits qualify for free healthcare under the euro card scheme.

But I would also say so what? we have to look at net figures not a singular cost.

Edited by Tomjames