In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Don't know. Link?:confused:

Happy to provide.

I guess because Brits qualify for free healthcare under the euro card scheme.

But I would also say so what? we have to look at net figures not a singular cost.

Well, the net figure is the Spanish taxpayer was short €1bn in 2012, eurocard scheme or not.

The fact of the matter is, the UK is importing, in their vast majority, healthy working age EU migrants and exporting, in their vast majority, elderly healthcare-needy retirees.

For a growing economy, sounds like a very good trade-off to me, but maybe you can convince me otherwise?

Edited by L00b

That's the current governments fault for not backing higher tariffs. I don't know the conditions of that legislature so can't comment.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 15:45 ----------

Don't know. Link?:confused:

I guess because Brits qualify for free healthcare under the euro card scheme.

But I would also say so what?we have to look at net figures not a singular cost.

Any idea what the net cost of EU immigration into the UK is?

That's the current governments fault for not backing higher tariffs. I don't know the conditions of that legislature so can't comment.

Now we are getting there Tom. The UK government did the damage to UK steel and not the EU.

Here is an article from the TUC (you know, the steel workers union) about the matter.

http://strongerunions.org/2016/04/07/brexit-wont-save-uk-steel-the-government-could-already-do-much-more-within-the-eu/

Ok, I hate to be pedantic (do I?)...But the original question was, has anyone changed their minds as a result of all these 'varying' discussions? (Yes I know, I'm as guilty as anyone for wandering off topic, before anyone points it out).

I think 3 people have said that they have changed opinion.

So I assume most haven't and probably won't.

Now we are getting there Tom. The UK government did the damage to UK steel and not the EU.

But that's always been the case with a conservative lead agenda.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 16:09 ----------

Happy to provide.

Well, the net figure is the Spanish taxpayer was short €1bn in 2012, eurocard scheme or not.

The fact of the matter is, the UK is importing, in their vast majority, healthy working age EU migrants and exporting, in their vast majority, elderly healthcare-needy retirees.

For a growing economy, sounds like a very good trade-off to me, but maybe you can convince me otherwise?

The net figure for the 400k expats?

You can't just take the cream without also taking the dross!

then you have to factor in the Uk net contribution to the EU that Spain benefits from & the small contribution from spain.

It's not easy to work out.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 16:10 ----------

Any idea what the net cost of EU immigration into the UK is?

No. I'm looking for some figures now.

Edited by Tomjames
fjfjjf

The worlds economy grows because we are able to either find more resources or we become better (mostly due to technological advancement) at making use of the resources we have. I'm assuming here that we've corrected for population growth.

This is basic economics.

Under suttynomics, where are you going to get oil?

We are one of the worlds largest exporters of oil, had it not been for over population it would have lasted for many years.

you know what I mean.
With 'dross'? Regrettably, yes. Doesn't mean I have to condone it.

A lot of brits buy property in spain.

What's going to happen to the property market?

(i) it's hardly going to tank any worse, after the ar5e and then some fell out of it post-2008 (it's still only just getting back to 2007 levels, and in the most sought after areas at that) and (ii) a right to residence is not the same as a right of ownership.

People were buying property in Spain, France and elsewhere long before the UK joined the EU. Joining the EU just made it, and living there, much easier. After a Brexit, for Spain, they'll simply have to apply for a Golden Visa (including right of residency), if their pad is worth more than €500k (IIRC), or a standard visa below that. Permanent residency outside of a Golden Visa is a fair bit harder to get, though.

By way, from your link, about earlier...

Healthcare that is currently free at the point of use in Spain is paid for by the NHS, although as only a third of the British population officially register themselves, Spain’s health ministry has long made the point that it is being short-changed on this deal
Edited by L00b

We are one of the worlds largest exporters of oil, had it not been for over population it would have lasted for many years.

Sorry, but we're a net importer of oil and have been for some time

So. Under suttynomics, where are you going to get oil?