In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I read Martin Lewis's article about in or out yesterday, he wasn't saying what people should do but put both sides of the argument.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/money-saving-expert-martin-lewis-8121255

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/06/05/how-to-vote-in-the-eu-referendum/

I like Martin Lewis. He is not a typical voter though. A millionaire & His vote is based on economic risk - and he was luke warm about his choice.

I was hoping for a little more passion than this.

Well done, it's taken you an hour to Google something I already knew.

Why don't you run along and do more research into why WTI, Brent and OPEC Basket trade at different prices and why we import more than we export. Then see if your economics still stack up.

You clearly didn't know.

thanks fore the article Ianshef and his poll shows 55% to 45% in favour of out, does not say how many votes, consistent with 6 of the latest 10 polls according to Ft poll of polls.

I like this part of the article, because as he says no one knows what will happen it is all speculation.

There are no facts

My mailbag’s been drowning with questions. The biggest being: Please just tell us the facts, what’ll happen if we leave?

I’m sorry, but actually there are no facts about what happens next.

Anyone who tells you they KNOW what’ll happen if we leave the EU is a liar.

Predicting exact numbers for economic, immigration or house price change is nonsense.

What’s proposed is unprecedented. All the studies, models and hypotheses are based on assumptions – that’s guesstimate and hope.

So accept the need to wrestle with uncertainty.

I like this part of the article, because as he says no one knows what will happen it is all speculation.

There are no facts

My mailbag’s been drowning with questions. The biggest being: Please just tell us the facts, what’ll happen if we leave?

I’m sorry, but actually there are no facts about what happens next.

Anyone who tells you they KNOW what’ll happen if we leave the EU is a liar.

Predicting exact numbers for economic, immigration or house price change is nonsense.

What’s proposed is unprecedented. All the studies, models and hypotheses are based on assumptions – that’s guesstimate and hope.

So accept the need to wrestle with uncertainty.

wouldn't it be nice if both camps sent a flyer with that on it?

wouldn't it be nice if both camps sent a flyer with that on it?

It shouldn't really be necessary, everyone should already know the the future is an uncertain quantity dependant on many factors, so impossible to predict with any degree of certainty.

As I said before in an earlier post, as soon as someone put forward 'plans' (of any sort) for post Brexit, they were immediately accused of plotting an alternative manifesto. This will happen each and every time anyone mentions specifics. As you know very well.

So to avoid the surely disastrous accusation of "an alternative manifesto", you are advocating not planning at all.

Wonder what L00b's answer to this one will be,

"MAPPED: The REAL winners and losers from the EU (and surprise - Britain gets a raw deal)

BRITAIN has coughed up an eye-watering 32 BILLION euros in net contributions to European Union coffers in the last five years, official figures show."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/677634/EU-referendum-Brexit-map-Britain-UK-net-contribution-Brussels-Cameron

I don't need to reply to it, since I already posted and linked these figures earlier this afternoon.

Voluntarily so, in reply to a poster asking for facts, see post #186.

I'll admit a preference for my (BBC and Wiki) links though, since they are factual, with historical data, and let you reach your own conclusions. Rather than froth- mouthingly think for you, like the rag unworthy of wiping my bum that is the Express :)

Edited by L00b

I don't need to reply to it, since I already posted and linked these figures earlier this afternoon.

Voluntarily so, in reply to a poster asking for facts, see post #186 :)

Are you personally worried that you will lose out as an ex pat?