In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

I have made no such suggestion, and made it clear that it is no longer possible to be self sufficient with our current population size, but there was a time when we was self sufficient of our energy needs. And we extract several different grades of oil.

Ok, you said:

"That doesn't change the fact that we are one of the worlds largest oil exporters, and we only have to import because the country is over populated and we export"

So if we stopped exporting and relied entirely on our own oil Unbeliever's question stands? Where do we get our oil?

If you stopped exporting all our oil that means you stop exporting Brent which means only Norway has Brent. We have our own, fine, but what's left on the open market from Norway rockets up in price, taking with it WTI and OPEC Basket and all other crude with it. If we wont export Brent no-one will import to us will they?

Most of those platforms in British waters go out of service because the UK's demand alone doesn't match the current bpd. That annoys Shell, Total, Dana, Chevron etc all of which have invested literally billions in our waters. So they aren't best pleased. BP is tied up in litigation because it's got many American share holders and we aren't selling them our Brent. How many people have their pension pot semi-reliant on BP? Look at what happened after the BP disaster in the GoM.

We exported so much Brent because we didn't need it all. We didn't need it but we wanted other crudes in exchange.

We extract several grades but Brent is king.

The Sutty27 Isolated State is looking increasingly dodgy. Thank god you are only in charge of your Laptop.

It is unprecedented though, so Brexit carries a huge risk to our economy. The big question that should be put to the population is leaving the EU worth the unprecedented risk to our economy.

I've always thought no.

So even if I was to chose on that one issue alone, it would be enough for me to believe that we are better inside the worlds biggest economy, having a say on how it is run. Everything else is just window dressing, almost like arguing over how to set up the deckchairs on the Titanic as it sinks.

The worlds largest economy is the world and we will still be part of it.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 21:08 ----------

Ok, you said:

"That doesn't change the fact that we are one of the worlds largest oil exporters, and we only have to import because the country is over populated and we export"

So if we stopped exporting and relied entirely on our own oil Unbeliever's question stands? Where do we get our oil?

If you stopped exporting all our oil that means you stop exporting Brent which means only Norway has Brent. We have our own, fine, but what's left on the open market from Norway rockets up in price, taking with it WTI and OPEC Basket and all other crude with it. If we wont export Brent no-one will import to us will they?

Most of those platforms in British waters go out of service because the UK's demand alone doesn't match the current bpd. That annoys Shell, Total, Dana, Chevron etc all of which have invested literally billions in our waters. So they aren't best pleased. BP is tied up in litigation because it's got many American share holders and we aren't selling them our Brent. How many people have their pension pot semi-reliant on BP? Look at what happened after the BP disaster in the GoM.

We exported so much Brent because we didn't need it all. We didn't need it but we wanted other crudes in exchange.

We extract several grades but Brent is king.

The Sutty27 Isolated State is looking increasingly dodgy. Thank god you are only in charge of your Laptop.

I haven't suggested we become an isolated state, I have simply pointed out that we aren't self sufficient because we are over populated and if I had been in charge we wouldn't be an over populated country dependant on other countries to supply the stuff we need. The people running the country are making a bad situation worse than it already is.

Did he? Maybe I was watching something else....

I wasn't terribly impressed. Should have got Gove or IDS. Not sure why they let the audience rant at him and wouldn't let him answer. Still when then answers came they weren't all that impressive.

Still the PM's not doing great either. Very evasive.

Makes me laugh when he tries to pretend his "renegotiation" wasn't a flop.

This show is suffering for lack of a Faisal. I'm starting to think he's Paxman's love-child.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 21:45 ----------

The worlds largest economy is the world and we will still be part of it.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 21:08 ----------

I haven't suggested we become an isolated state, I have simply pointed out that we aren't self sufficient because we are over populated and if I had been in charge we wouldn't be an over populated country dependant on other countries to supply the stuff we need. The people running the country are making a bad situation worse than it already is.

What shall we call it. I suggest the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Suttyland.

Edited by unbeliever

I wasn't terribly impressed. Should have got Gove or IDS. Not sure why they let the audience rant at him and wouldn't let him answer. Still when then answers came they weren't all that impressive.

Still the PM's not doing great either. Very evasive.

Makes me laugh when he tries to pretend his "renegotiation" wasn't a flop.

This show is suffering for lack of a Faisal. I'm starting to think he's Paxman's love-child.

---------- Post added 07-06-2016 at 21:45 ----------

What shall we call it. I suggest the Peoples' Democratic Republic of Suttyland.

Mockery is used to deflect attention away from your inability to counter the argument.