In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

Ok Chet will give you the JLR point, what about the others for example where does the emergency brake start, are they on 0% benefits or 50% what. Google as much as you like as you will not find the answer because we have been shafted, after the referendum if we stay in you will find they start on 90% benefits or similar.

They dare not tell the public prior to the referendum because they know Brexit would have a field day.

£350 million is a lie. We know that.

Boris is on record stating he will axe workers rights. We know that.

Boris wants to privatise the NHS. He is on record.

The government can't control non-EU migration. We know that.

Hitachi have said they will axe 4000 jobs and many others made statements to that effect. We know that.

over 90% of economists say there will be economic downturn. We know that.

The government voted against raising tariffs on Chinese steel. We know that.

Yes we can . The Governments past and present just dont have the balls to pull up the drawbridge and say no more.

Ok Chet will give you the JLR point, what about the others for example where does the emergency brake start, are they on 0% benefits or 50% what. Google as much as you like as you will not find the answer because we have been shafted, after the referendum if we stay in you will find they start on 90% benefits or similar.

They dare not tell the public prior to the referendum because they know Brexit would have a field day.

So fed up of doing homework for Brexiters! Interesting that such a 'bad idea' has got acclaim from other countries isn't it?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/bagehot/2016/02/david-cameron-s-eu-endgame

Yes we can . The Governments past and present just dont have the balls to pull up the drawbridge and say no more.

Do you think it's due a lack of balls as you suggest, or is it that they can see the bigger picture? Namely as the leader of Brexit Boris Johnson, who is on record as saying he is pro immigration, suggest that limiting immigration will hurt the economy?

But no details of where the brake starts are available.

Nope. Because as the article points out most do not come here to claim benefits!!!!!!!! You care about something insignificant in the whole bigger picture.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-renegotiation-what-david-cameron-wanted-and-what-he-really-got-a6885761.html

They say he did well in issues of sovereignty and further integration, less well on benefits. But as is clear EU migrants claiming benefits is not a major issue for the UK as a whole. Is it annoying people can come here and claim, yes? Worth leaving the EU over? No!

Edited by TheChet

The consensus across a huge spectrum of concerned bodies is massive.

So you go with the flow and listen to the opinions of others in order to form your own opinions, the more people that tell you something the more you are also likely to believe it.

---------- Post added 11-06-2016 at 15:53 ----------

Do you think it's due a lack of balls as you suggest, or is it that they can see the bigger picture?

They can see how cutting immigration will reduce their supply of cheap labour and cut their profits, they can see that mass immigration causes problems for the poorest in society, they can see that its makes it harder to get school places and NHS appointments, they can see that it makes housing unaffordable for the younger generation and harder for them to find a job, they can see the problems it causes in communities, but they don't care.

Edited by sutty27

So you go with the flow and listen to the opinions of others in order to form your own opinions, the more people that tell you something the more you are also likely to believe it.

Not quite. I listen to opinions of experts. The number of experts increases. I look at the opinions of experts in other fields. They continue to grow. Then other experts then others. You are trying to tell me to trust my own instincts to vote out. Well I had no instinct to vote out to begin with. The opinion of many many experts has strengthened my resolve that we are better in.

Not quite. I listen to opinions of experts. The number of experts increases. I look at the opinions of experts in other fields. They continue to grow. Then other experts then others. You are trying to tell me to trust my own instincts to vote out. Well I had no instinct to vote out to begin with. The opinion of many many experts has strengthened my resolve that we are better in.

How do you know which experts to believe when there are experts on both sides of the argument, and how do you know they have your best interest at heart?

There isn't a we, some people will clearly be better off in and some will be better off out.

I did link to and quote the CBI report (very recent, much referenced by the remain side) into estimated economic growth from now to 2030.

It indicated that we could expect total growth in GDP/capita of 25-28% in the event of Brexit, or 29% if we remain.

Given the various concerns about sovereignty and the various stresses EU membership causes on the UK, that doesn't seem like a huge price to pay.

Here it is again:

http://news.cbi.org.uk/news/leaving-eu-would-cause-a-serious-shock-to-uk-economy-new-pwc-analysis/leaving-the-eu-implications-for-the-uk-economy/