In-Out vote: Has anyone changed their mind since the campaign started?

EU. In or Out?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. EU. In or Out?

• In
    • Out

well look on the bright side if Scotland split off from the uk labour would have a better chance of winning.

labour don't seem to have the right policies or attitude to be able to win an election at the moment sadly.

Would they? With the current parliamentary boundaries? Look again. It would be difficult but not impossible and certainly not a better chance.

Edited by Shef1985

Immorality? Have you gone stark raving mad?

If there's a Brexit it's likely Scotland will continue to vote for the SNP. That keeps the Tories in power in the UK as a whole and unless boundaries change it will do for some time to come. Who represents the North of England's interests then?

There is nothing immoral about pointing that out.

But the point is moot because Alan Hartley didn't quote Brown properly!!!

I apologise if I misunderstood.

I get rather cross with the argument that the EU is a good thing for frustrating the UK government in carrying out its democratic mandate.

You seemed to be supporting that position.

I apologise if I misunderstood.

I get rather cross with the argument that the EU is a good thing for frustrating the UK government in carrying out its democratic mandate.

You seemed to be supporting that position.

Not necessarily supporting it but I think it's something for Labour voters to consider. If it proves correct that a post Brexit Tory government starts to dismantle worker's rights they can indeed be voted out at the next election. But not as easily as Labour voters might imagine. No-one can dismantle those rights whilst we are in the EU.

Not necessarily supporting it but I think it's something for Labour voters to consider. If it proves correct that a post Brexit Tory government starts to dismantle worker's rights they can indeed be voted out at the next election. But not as easily as Labour voters might imagine. No-one can dismantle those rights whilst we are in the EU.

Then I must stand by my original point. Although perhaps not the force with which I put it. I think it quite wrong to support the frustration of the will of the people in this way.

Then I must stand by my original point. Although perhaps not the force with which I put it. I think it quite wrong to support the frustration of the will of the people in this way.

Like I say, I don't necessarily support it. But it's clear from these pages some people do want to frustrate possible unaccountable long standing Tory rule. It's not the worst reason I've heard for voting one way or the other.

Like I say, I don't necessarily support it. But it's clear from these pages some people do want to frustrate possible unaccountable long standing Tory rule. It's not the worst reason I've heard for voting one way or the other.

It is certainly something that Labour supporters must consider though.

I think it quite wrong to support the frustration of the will of the people in this way.
Can I ask whether you were pro or anti (or not bothered, I'm equal opportunities :D) Scottish secession, at the time of the Scottish referendum?

It's not beyond the realm of possibility -in fact it's very much within the realm of political reality- that where England votes majoritarily Brexit, each of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland votes majoritarily Remain.

What then, of the will of the respective people? How much of a 'U' left in UK?

Can I ask whether you were pro or anti (or not bothered, I'm equal opportunities :D) Scottish secession, at the time of the Scottish referendum?

It's not beyond the realm of possibility -in fact it's very much within the realm of political reality- that where England votes majoritarily Brexit, each of Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland votes majoritarily Remain.

We get in there first L00b....we demand independence from them. See how they like it!!

I thought they should probably go their own way. Their politics have diverged from the rest of the UK and they are entitled to government which reflects this.

I don't think having to change a nation's name is a big issue.

The UK survived Irish separation. It's nothing to be scared of.

Edited by unbeliever

I thought they should probably go their own way. Their politics have diverged from the rest of the UK and they are entitled to government which reflects this.

I don't think having to change a nation's name is a big issue.

The UK survived Irish separation. It's nothing to be scared of.

Just because they have elected different parties, does not mean the people have different views.

UKIP have entered politics and upset the balance, many English voters will be voting leave because they think Westminster is failing to solve the problems.