Mike Ashley believeable or not

Would you be tempted?

Also, consider that the long term recruitment policy was followed above board and according to the law. Laura got the job and Laura happens to be smoking hot. Laura offers sexual favours to you in order to get the job as the results haven't been released yet.

What would you do?

I wouldn't contravene good governance policies. I would also feel sad that someone felt the need to offer sexual favours to get a job.

So to answer your question directly I would not demand or offer sexual favours.

It's pretty grotty when you think about it isn't it?

---------- Post added 23-07-2016 at 18:01 ----------

I with agree your sentiments. But, the problem is over the years full time workers have been given too much protection, making it harder for employers to get rid of poor workers. As a consequence part time workers and zero hour contracts make sense for employers.

Bad lazy workers and too much legislation are to blame for current practices used by employers.

But you don't mention rogue bosses, lax regulation to blame for the current practices used by employers??? What about personal responsibility?

No one if forced to work for Sportsdirect and Mike Ashley . If someone dosnt like their working conditions..... leave , dont moan and whinge. Leave and work somewhere else.

The employees knew they were on zero hours contracts and were happy to sign them .

No one if forced to work for Sportsdirect and Mike Ashley . If someone dosnt like their working conditions..... leave , dont moan and whinge. Leave and work somewhere else.

The employees knew they were on zero hours contracts and were happy to sign them .

That point has been answered previously.

But you don't mention rogue bosses, lax regulation to blame for the current practices used by employers??? What about personal responsibility?

I can see the situation from both sides and have never said there aren't any rogue bosses.

Have you ever had the personal responsibility of running a business and employing workers?

I can see the situation from both sides and have never said there aren't any rogue bosses.

Have you ever had the personal responsibility of running a business and employing workers?

No I haven't. But I admire those that do, and do so with integrity and professionalism.

For every employer, there are employees with an axe to grind.

So why did the all party select committee criticise him and his company in the strongest terms? No doubt they've got an axe to grind too....

It feels like whatever had been found at SD warehouses some on here wouldn't drop their lickspittle act, and say what went on at SD was appalling.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news for SD Warehouse staff!!!

Thousands of Sports Direct warehouse workers are set to receive back pay totalling about £1m after the retailer admitted breaking the law by not paying the national minimum wage.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/aug/15/sports-direct-staff-to-receive-back-pay-unite-hmrc

A victory for the workers at SD and their union reps at Unite. Well done.

• 4 weeks later...