Mike Ashley believeable or not

Yes a bit like when Rupert Murdoch said "this is the humbling day of my life" when he appeared before the select committee investigating how his newspapers hacked into people's phones. He sounded so sincere when he said that....

I agree, very much when people get sorry when they're caught doing something that they shouldn't. What they are really saying is that they're sorry that they got caught.

I think his ramping up of the language was interesting...."I can do a better job for Sports Direct employees than Unite.” Really? Ashley couldn't when SD were docking workers 15 minutes pay for being one minute late.

It's Ashley's company flagrant disregard for our laws that is the issue.

Are workers working in Britain more important than workers working in other parts of the world? The goods they sell are made by exploited workers, and sold here by exploited workers, why complain about the rights of the people selling and not about the rights of the people making the stuff. Ultimately the British consumer is responsible, they can't sell stuff that cheap without someone being exploited.

Are workers working in Britain more important than workers working in other parts of the world? The goods they sell are made by exploited workers, and sold here by exploited workers, why complain about the rights of the people selling and not about the rights of the people making the stuff. Ultimately the British consumer is responsible, they can't sell stuff that cheap without someone being exploited.

Ergo consumers of Sports Direct are responsible for Ashley paying less than the minimum wage and other ****ty business practices?

........saying sorry used to make adults angry when I was a kid.They knew you didn't really mean it,so as they were giving you a clip they were heard to utter the mantra............sorry? sorry/ ....I'll give you sorry! wallop!

Today some peoples actions cost others millions!.......but they think just a mere saying sorry seems to wipe the slate clean

MPs also heard that some staff were paid through a pre-paid card. Staff were charged £10 to get a card, plus a £10-a-month management fee, 75p to use it at an ATM machine, and 10p when they got a text message confirming they had used it.

MPs also heard that some staff were paid through a pre-paid card. Staff were charged £10 to get a card, plus a £10-a-month management fee, 75p to use it at an ATM machine, and 10p when they got a text message confirming they had used it.

As well as shafting around 200 workers at an Ayrshire warehouse who were laid off by the retailer with only 15 minutes’ notice. Refusing to pay suppliers. Where workers were expected to walk 20 miles a day and blared at over a tannoy. Where men too scared to call in sick instead went in and suffered a stroke. Where ambulances were called out to deal with births and miscarriages – including a woman who gave birth in the loos.

The 'company' this man runs is a sick joke.

Mind you he's fabulously rich, so I expect he'll receive a knighthood, or be rewarded with a place on a Government committee (probably looking into employment practices) :rolleyes:

Edited by Mister M

Ergo consumers of Sports Direct are responsible for Ashley paying less than the minimum wage and other ****ty business practices?

Yep by demanding cheap goods, when we import cheap stuff from abroad you can guarantee that workers don't have the same rights, protection and wages that workers in the UK would get.

Edited by sutty27