Mike Ashley believeable or not

That's not entirely correct is it?

If you leave a job voluntarily because 'you don't like it' you had better have another job to go to because you won't be able to claim any unemployment benefit. In an area where this company is way and beyond the biggest employer, that is going to be difficult.

Likewise, you will not have much choice in signing a 0 hours contract if you are offered a job, or again you will have intentionally made yourself unemployed and won't qualify for any state help.

So not much choice is there? Unless you can live on fresh air...

Then why is not staffed by, at the very least, brow beaten shirebrookians rather than a bunch of Poles?

I take on board chalgas post, bolsover council need to put boot to ass over illegal housing conditions.

But it doesn't appear to matter if a rich country like ours imports stuff from countries that treat their workers much worse, it doesn't appear to matter that people in other countries have to do without a doctor as long as we have plenty, it doesn't matter if other people are starving as long as we have plenty.

And how does our government look when they speak to other countries about human rights and the rights of workers when they allow Mike Ashley to act in such a disgusting manner towards his employees? If we don't sort our own backyard we have no moral authority to argue the case for others.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 02:09 ----------

No one is forced to work for his company. Every employee is free to leave when ever they want.

You appear to be blissfully ignorant of how claiming unemployment benefit works.

Not sure why it bothers some people, as a country we appear to be happy to import cheap stuff made by exploited workers all over the world, but when the workers are exploited here it is somehow worth complaining about.

Hmmm got to agree with this. If people are complaining or it's unfair to them... get another job.

Hmmm got to agree with this. If people are complaining or it's unfair to them... get another job.

So it doesn't bother you at all that Mr Ashley's company has been breaking the law and treating it's employees like filth?

And how does our government look when they speak to other countries about human rights and the rights of workers when they allow Mike Ashley to act in such a disgusting manner towards his employees? If we don't sort our own backyard we have no moral authority to argue the case for others.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 02:09 ----------

You appear to be blissfully ignorant of how claiming unemployment benefit works.

We have no moral authority either way especially whilst we are happy to import from countries that don't give their workers the same pay and conditions.

So it doesn't bother you at all that Mr Ashley's company has been breaking the law and treating it's employees like filth?

Asking me whether it bothers me or not is not the question that needs asking, the question that needs asking is that should the people who work for him take more responsibility in making changes themselves?

If they don't like it... find another job. Then I'm sure Mike Ashley may be forced to make changes.

I think it's rather disempowering for people if they rely on governments to make the changes for them. We also know that MP's are not whiter than white too.

Do you find that Mike Ashley reason believable or not to the select committee?

He came across as a genuine guy. There seems to be a problem with thieves in his warehouse, hence the security checks.

I think it's rather disempowering for people if they rely on governments to make the changes for them.

so we should go riot, like Le French are still doing?

I'm in. Gimme a time and a place and I'll be there.

No it doesn't, but as a nation it clearly doesn't bother us because we are happy to import from countries that treat worker much worse. What we clearly want is cheap stuff and how we get it appears to be unimportant, the same thing is happening on our farms, the exploitation of cheap labour from abroad.

Unfortunately we can't police the rest of the world in regards their working practices, however, here in the UK we can and we expect our workforce to be paid a living wage and not be exploited.

The last interview I saw on the news was that farm labourers were on £10 an hour. Not exactly cheap labour