Mike Ashley believeable or not

I've paid most of my staff decent wages over the years, and still they'll steal. Not all of them obviously, and not so much that we have to search them as they leave, but some do.

It must have been so bad if he's had to search them.

He presumeably paid them the minimum wage. Required by law. They started stealing from him. He decided to search them which delayed them by 15 minutes a day sometimes. This TECHNICALITY them took them under minimum wage because they were deemed to be working whilst being stopped from stealing.

Theft is theft. To try to blame the boss for his theiving staff would be laughable, if you weren't serious.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 21:24 ----------

A member of his staff had a baby in the toilet? And that's his fault? Nuts.

A member of his staff had a stroke? Thats his fault too? More nuts.

Women had miscarriages? How is that his fault? My wife had one at home, is that somehow my fault? Nuts.

I was merely pointing out that my sympathy for Mike Ashley is low. And it gets lower the more I hear about his warehouse.

On your second point, perhaps lots of staff are falling ill at work because they are scared of losing their jobs - maybe Ashley has a 'macho' management team that have no empathy for anything other than the bottom line.

Could you imagine the outrage if they clamped down on public sector theft, all those boxes of disposable gloves, pens, paper-clips ect. must add up to millions.

:thumbsup:

Time is the biggest theft in the public sector. Calling pointless meetings. Employing too many staff. Going home early. Retiring early. Tail wagging the dog.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 21:42 ----------

I was merely pointing out that my sympathy for Mike Ashley is low. And it gets lower the more I hear about his warehouse.

On your second point, perhaps lots of staff are falling ill at work because they are scared of losing their jobs - maybe Ashley has a 'macho' management team that have no empathy for anything other than the bottom line.

Fear of losing your (supposedly awful) job doesn't make you have a miscarriage or stroke. It doesn't make you have a baby. It's palpable nonsense. Of course without the anonomity afforded to us, no one could argue this in public for fear of a twitter/media/FB drubbing and death threats from the easily led and hard of thinking.

:thumbsup:

Time is the biggest theft in the public sector. Calling pointless meetings. Employing too many staff. Going home early. Retiring early. Tail wagging the dog.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 21:42 ----------

Fear of losing your (supposedly awful) job doesn't make you have a miscarriage or stroke. It doesn't make you have a baby. It's palpable nonsense. Of course without the anonomity afforded to us, no one could argue this in public for fear of a twitter/media/FB drubbing and death threats from the easily led and hard of thinking.

So why is it that the local Ambulance Service practically have their own parking bay at the warehouse premises? Perhaps the employees are so overcome with gratitude that they fall ill on a regular basis; or maybe that no matter how ill they are, they cannot bear to call in sick?

I've paid most of my staff decent wages over the years, and still they'll steal. Not all of them obviously, and not so much that we have to search them as they leave, but some do.

It must have been so bad if he's had to search them.

He presumeably paid them the minimum wage. Required by law. They started stealing from him. He decided to search them which delayed them by 15 minutes a day sometimes. This TECHNICALITY them took them under minimum wage because they were deemed to be working whilst being stopped from stealing.

Theft is theft. To try to blame the boss for his theiving staff would be laughable, if you weren't serious.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 21:24 ----------

A member of his staff had a baby in the toilet? And that's his fault? Nuts.

A member of his staff had a stroke? Thats his fault too? More nuts.

Women had miscarriages? How is that his fault? My wife had one at home, is that somehow my fault? Nuts.

The reason staff had babies in the toilets is because they were on zero hour contracts and bullied into not having time off work.

Read up on it before making stupid statements.

---------- Post added 08-06-2016 at 22:01 ----------

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mike-ashley-parliament-committee-recap-8129264

read the link. Its in the mirror so you should be able to understand it ron.

Are you still there Ron?

Sure am. It's in the Mirror - one of the most left wing, biased rags I've had the misfortune to read.

He appeared to break the law on the minimum wage by a tiny amount on a technicality. And probably even not intentionally. He employed people who wanted to work on a zero hours contract. And for this he's accused of running a "Workhouse" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse or a "gulag" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag : flippin laughable.

Sure am. It's in the Mirror - one of the most left wing, biased rags I've had the misfortune to read.

He appeared to break the law on the minimum wage by a tiny amount on a technicality. And probably even not intentionally. He employed people who wanted to work on a zero hours contract. And for this he's accused of running a "Workhouse" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workhouse or a "gulag" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag : flippin laughable.

You're nothing if not predictable Ron :hihi:

You are not much better trying to troll every thread

Explain how he is trying to troll :huh:

It was only a 'technicality' that the minimum wage law was broken because of issues surrounding theft by workers.