Overtime, holidays, and work

Hi all

Can your employers make you cancel your booked holidays in order for you to work overtime?

Id ask your boss to pay for another holiday if he wanted you in. Unless youre in the army or something if you've booked your holiday, you've booked your holiday. If you aren't a union member ring ACAS.

Id ask your boss to pay for another holiday if he wanted you in. Unless youre in the army or something if you've booked your holiday, you've booked your holiday. If you aren't a union member ring ACAS.

Legally where would I stand?

From my POV, if they've given you your holidays and then all of a sudden if they turn around and say 'sorry but we need to cancel them because we need you for overtime', then that pretty stinks.

Legally where would I stand?

From my POV, if they've given you your holidays and then all of a sudden if they turn around and say 'sorry but we need to cancel them because we need you for overtime', then that pretty stinks.

Wouldn't it depend upon your employment contract?

My contract states that my holiday may be refused/retracted if the need of the business demands it. I'm not allowed to book significant time off if the other leads are also on holiday at the same time for example.