Gym advice needed

• 1 month later...

There's a small friendly gym at Handsworth school, take a look online... It's pretty quiet and the staff there are fantastic.

Bargepole is half right though, you will need to address diet too, you can't out train a bad diet.

Good luck

Hi

I live in s12 and I'm looking for a friendly gym to join .

I need to lose weight and get fit.

Thanks

I can't answer your question directly, but in the spirit of trying to help - as an ex fatty who changed their ways, I really would advise against a gym to lose weight. In my experience, getting more active with a group activity or sport is far likely to give you sustainable results, purely because it's more likely you'll keep it going & there's a social element too.

Parkrun is a fabulous setup and completely free (there's one at RV near you every Saturday morning).

Plenty of sports societies to try out; football, martial arts, boxing etc etc - all are more likely to be cheaper than a gym membership. Do you have any previous history in a sport at all? If not, try them out, most places let you give a session a go for free to try it out.

And as mentioned, diet is as important to weight loss than exercise.

• 3 weeks later...