Where is the best Chinese restaurant in Sheffield?

Never been to Delhi Junction... heard bad things about it though thus have been put off. Prefer to go to Mangla on Spital Hill.

I really rate Dim Sum on London Rd... wicked food and lovely dim sum

always packed full of chinese people when i go too...

Don't go to the Mao!!! on London Road. After a 10 day bout of food poisening I wrote to sheffield council to get a report on their food hygiene inspections. After a lot of hassle they sent me it and one of the things they highlighted was that "if the staff are afflicted with infected wounds, skin infections, sores or diarrhoea they must notify the owner/proprietor"

There was 19 points they were pulled up on. A shame as the food was really nice but I won't go back until I get an all clear report, 10 days is too long not to get paid and thinking you are dying.

yes, i do second the East Ocean recommendation.

i find myself drawn to it nearly 2-3 times a week.

but alas, virtually _all_ chinese food in sheffield is really lacklustre.

and don't get me started on how bad japanese food is in sheffield :)

where is East Ocean Cafe?

21, Matilda St, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4QB

Which is near The Plug (FKA Zero)

But thinking about it, I can't actually see it in my mind's eye..... I must cruise round there soon and check it out....

I recommend Wong Ting restaurant just round the corner from burtons. The food is lovely and service is good. A proper looking chinese restaurant :thumbsup: Same goes with Candytown isnt bad either. The boss lady who runs the restaurant is funny and friendly too.

Also Noodle Inn on London Rd...(jezzz i should get free food the amount of times ive mentioned them on here! lol)

You might need to call them up and book cos they are very busy on a sat night.

Archived