What are you eating - Help

dnmon

Would you be allowed to post (possibly copywrited) council documents online?

Yes because under the freedom of information act we all have a right to access the data. We will just be making it easier. The council then won't have to mail the details to everyone as we will have a web page to show it.

We will also be writing to every restaurant with a copy of their report to give them time to get a new report done or to give an explanation of what they have changed since the inspection. Which I think is fair.

I have also informed the council of my intention to get these reports and put them on the web and to send copies of my communications to the guardians 'free our data' campaign.

I will also take full responsibility and if at any time they said it may not be legal then I would remove the web page and let my solicitor handle stuff.

It will be a laugh just to see if we can do it. It really seemed to work in New York and I think that if we can help raise the standards to a minimum in Sheffield then we will have done OK.

I'm in............what now?

1. I will pm you with my email address.

2. On Monday I will have the web page up and will email you your login password.

3. You will access the web page and pick two or three restaurants to request reports for.

4. The web page will create the emails requesting the reports for you (and you can edit them and send them)

5. When the reports are sent to you then forward them to me.

6. I post the reports on the web site (only we can see them with our logins)

7. I write to the restaurant with a copy of the report and await a reply which I also post on the web.

Then when we are ready we can open it to the public.

That's the idea anyway and as it will be automated then we will have very little to do which is cool. We do kinda need more people though otherwise it will take about 10 months.

im in - a taste of somewhere in the north of india (the area which the indians and pakistanis are fighting over) up in crookesmoor put me in hospital for a day or so....ummmmmmm nice!

PM me me too - what do i need to do??!

Actually thinking about it, I'm in too. I can put sometime hour here or there. :hihi:

It shouldn't need that much time if I can finish the web page that will automate it a bit for us. It should be done by Tomorrow (Monday) and I will contact everyone.

It shouldn't need that much time if I can finish the web page that will automate it a bit for us. It should be done by Tomorrow (Monday) and I will contact everyone.

Well its not quite Monday but I have a web site.

http://www.topoga.com/fh/ForumRestaurant.aspx

I will email names and passwords but those who have my email address might want to email me a ScreenName that you might want to use otherwise I can just use your Forum Name.:|

Anyway, have a look at the web page and let me know any suggestions for changes.

I am currently waiting for a new email address from the council as we don't want to swamp the one that I currently have for their manager.:nono: Then we can start requesting reports.

Archived