Will the Queen abdicate?

If it left up to her its very unlikely.

It has been reported that she believes that she was put on the throne by God.

I don't believe that do you?

Is this accepted by the high ups in the Church of England?

The church and the monarchy operate hand in hand and the Queen is the head of the Church of England.

Does anyone know the correct religious thinking on this.

No she wont. She will die on the throne (and i dont mean toilet) and then we will get another parasite to take her place

Our Queen seems to be more bored with people wishing her an happy birthday than her role as our monarch. No hint of any abdication today.

The queen will never abdicate. She made a Pledge at her coronation and she takes her vows very seriously. Why should she abdicate?

We are now seeing the younger royals doing more work and over time the queen will probably do less public engagements until eventually she is unable to do none and that is how it should be until her death.

The queen will never abdicate. She made a Pledge at her coronation and she takes her vows very seriously. Why should she abdicate?

We are now seeing the younger royals doing more work and over time the queen will probably do less public engagements until eventually she is unable to do none and that is how it should be until her death.

Yes I agree.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 21:14 ----------

No, our Queen will not abdicate. Above poster is correct.

:thumbsup:

I daresay there may be an element of truth in your comments ..... maybe. He has waited a long time and it's entirely possible that she may outlive him !

Interestingly, when Charles was born his horoscope was done, (as they do..) and it foretold he would never be king. Might just be an urban myth, but if I remember right, it was mentioned again after Diana's famous Martin Bashir interview and the controversy surrounding her death.

William will make a better king than Charles.

Maybe Charles will relinquish his right to the throne for William when the time comes.......

What makes you think William will make a better King than Charles ?

Why should Charles relinquish his right to the throne ?

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 15:38 ----------

I am glad you agree.

I am happy that your are glad that I agree :)

What makes you think William will make a better King than Charles ?

Why should Charles relinquish his right to the throne ?

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 15:38 ----------

I am happy that your are glad that I agree :)

I didn't say he should relinquish his right to the throne but that he might.

---------- Post added 15-06-2016 at 17:06 ----------

if Charles is king, does horseface become queen?

If so, long live queen Liz !

Are you referring to Camilla perchance ? Yes - if Charles chooses to become king then Camilla will be his queen.