Pensions & the NHS under threat

There are vast areas of the nhs that account for waste. One area is methadone for heroin addicts at a cost of 35k per addict per year. My wife has been giving methadone to the same addicts year in year out. You are supposed to reduce your consumption over 12 months to zero but after 34 years in pharmacy she can name only one addict that has got off methadone. The rest just keep taking it, is that a good use of nhs money 35 thousand a year per addict.

Rubbish.

Break down the cost of providing Methadone to addicts to lead to the £35k a year cost? Also addiction is a recognised as a medical condition, so you think that the NHS should turn it's back on some medical conditions, and what would be the ramifications to society as a whole if they did that?

The truth is that the NHS has been going through a funding problem for a fair few years yet, and they've been doing their best to improve productivity and cut waste, to the point that it has been acknowledged that maybe they've cut too many members of staff recently/

Gist is kinnocks are a political dynasty that have made loads out if the eu.

Nixon I can only tell you what my wife's pharmacy charges the nhs per addict, she fills in the paperwork and dispenses the methadone.

Whilst I appreciate addiction, society puts in place a method to relieve it and heroin addicts abuse it. For me you should have a two year limit if you do not succeed then go back on the smack and yes I understand the related costs of increased crime to feed the habit etc but if you are not willing to help yourself why should I or society be bothered,

It makes no matter what argument I put forward you are one of those that thinks the state is responsible for everything, should provide everything and should pay for everything.

There are vast areas of the nhs that account for waste. One area is methadone for heroin addicts at a cost of 35k per addict per year. My wife has been giving methadone to the same addicts year in year out. You are supposed to reduce your consumption over 12 months to zero but after 34 years in pharmacy she can name only one addict that has got off methadone. The rest just keep taking it, is that a good use of nhs money 35 thousand a year per addict.

In addition to heroin.

---------- Post added 12-06-2016 at 13:34 ----------

I got bored of waiting for the page to load up. They pack them with so much ads and other garbage! Could you give me the gist of it?

Bit quicker with adblockers / popup blockers. I visit now and again to remind me why I never vote tory. :)

Edited by nikki-red

Utter scaremongering. Older people are more likely to vote to leave the EU, so Cameron has mentioned the subject of pensions to try to scare older people to vote to stay in the EU.

bit late if that was their intention, think a lot of oldies will have voted by post.

bit late if that was their intention, think a lot of oldies will have voted by post.

True, my vote has already been cast and I'm not put off by any scare tactics of an economic contraction as it would hardly affect me, and is also very uncertain.

The NHS may be affected but it is certainly unclear and so is the idea that tax receipts will be down and have to come from somewhere else. Its the same situation as the rapidly dwindling tax receipts from tobacco. But if this government can give several £billions away in help to buy subsidies then it show that money can be found.