High Green what's it like now?

Hmmmm to me seems like everyone is trying to say it's a dump when actually it's nice ( most of it ) and I'm on the end of foster way near doctors and nice and friendly people no trouble what so ever, at the end of the day I could say bad things about other areas of Sheffield as there is always bad things or bad people in every area!!

As always though it's quite obvious some people badmouthing the place live on the other side of the city. :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I moved to the area recently. It seems nice so far, but I am in a quiet bit, and the neighbours seem really nice. On my bus ride home, I have noticed there are some areas which appear 'rough', and the police helicopter is a regular occurrence. I also saw a motorbike riding on the footpath the other day (probably off-road and illegal), I'm assuming this is a common reason for the police helicopter being dispatched, with the woods nearby?

I went for a walk the other day and the three people I came across all said 'good morning' to me :)

My sister and family have lived there for over 30 years. They have never really had problems, but for some reason I don't like it.

It always seems to be in the middle of nowhere with nothing to offer and no redeeming features. My niece moved down to Chapeltown a few years ago and much prefers that. And left me with the option of taking on their house when I needed to move back to the area. But I chose Barnsley instead. Nuff said I would have thought...

I lived there for 20 years and regularly go back to see family.

It is a scum hole in the middle of nowhere with extraordinarily poor transport links. In theory the areas close access to woodland and some countryside should make it a pleasant place but the reality is that these places are just hideaways for scumbags training themselves for eventually becoming the drunks, drug abusers and vandals that make High Green itself such an unpleasant place to be around.

It is a scum hole in the middle of nowhere with extraordinarily poor transport links. In theory the areas close access to woodland and some countryside should make it a pleasant place but the reality is that these places are just hideaways for scumbags training themselves for eventually becoming the drunks, drug abusers and vandals that make High Green itself such an unpleasant place to be around.

Pretty much sums it up.

Don't be afraid to say what you think. :hihi: