I can appeal a parking ticket on the grounds of bad spelling, right?

I found this on my windscreen today :hihi:

But seriously - I was parked on a single yellow line outside the K&H oriental supermarket off Bramall Lane. The supermarket car park was rammed full.

There were none of those yellow signs that give the details of the parking restriction, probably because all the lamp posts have been replaced as part of Amey's upgrade of Sheffield streetlights. The council have not put up any new parking restriction signs on the new lamp posts, which are very recent.

So do I have grounds to appeal because of that?

If it was within a controlled parking zone the Council don't need to put up a sign.

I'm not familiar with the area so I don't know, but the fact the car park was full is not a ground for appeal.

I found this on my windscreen today :hihi:

But seriously - I was parked on a single yellow line outside the K&H oriental supermarket off Bramall Lane. The supermarket car park was rammed full.

There were none of those yellow signs that give the details of the parking restriction, probably because all the lamp posts have been replaced as part of Amey's upgrade of Sheffield streetlights. The council have not put up any new parking restriction signs on the new lamp posts, which are very recent.

So do I have grounds to appeal because of that?

Bad spelling? Love the idea but imagine the precedent! Every lawyer in the country would reexamine every tort case looking for spelling errors and then appealing.

Try it. Let us know what happens!!

I did some research. Sheffield City Centre is a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) with signs showing the parking restrictions at the entrance to the zone. There is no need for further signage on single yellow lines.

However I was on Arley Street, just outside the CPZ as the council map shows -

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/transport/parking-permits/maps/City-Centre-Map---Inner-and-Outer-Zones/City%20Centre%20Map%20-%20Inner%20and%20Outer%20Zones.pdf