Owen Jones and Sky News.

I never liked Owen Jones. I didn't like Daily Mail columnist Peter Hitchens either.

But somehow both of them together, Owens interviewing Hitchens, is quite endearing. Although they come from opposite sides of the political divide they find much in common and Hitchens' views will surprise you.

There's a short edited version and the full interview, both on YouTube. Here's the short version -

You've made some stupid posts over the years, but this one really takes the biscuit.

This was a homophobic attack, perpetrated by a homophobic son of a homophobic father. How clear would you like things to be?

Well that's stupid. There's no evidence. I can't understand why its such a big issue. It was a terrorist attack on a crowded club that's all we know.

---------- Post added 14-06-2016 at 00:07 ----------

Well done Owen Jones. How can two Sky News presenters get it so wrong ?http://www.independent.co.uk/news/owen-jones-walks-off-sky-news-after-presenters-deflect-homophobia-behind-orlando-shooting-a7078891.htmlhttp://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/13/sky-news-homophobia-orlando-sexuality

N.B, My apologies for the P in the title.

You have to ask yourself if the terrorist would have attacked another target if there were no Gay clubs within reach. If he would have then the attack was not homophobic it was an act of terrorism that just happened to be on a Gay bar. If the attack was based on homophobia and no Gay bars were available he would have packed his rifle away and there wouldn't have been an attack.

My guess is he would have still killed people whatever their sexual preference.

Brown gunman targets and kills 50 people at gay nightclub whose own father has been quoted saying that his son got angry when he saw two men kissing.

White gunman rocks up to LA Pride March with a car full of assault rifles (....and is thankfully) stopped before creating mass casualties.

One claims to be pledging allegence to Daesh and their so called religion and despite having sod all basis in reality to the majority of muslim citizens - its plastered all over the media and is now being used as the drum for every anti-islam, anti-muslim, right wing, anti-EU, Ukipper, trump supporting moron to push their agenda.

The other is merely described as a lone wolf , no plastering all over the papers, little official comment, swepped under the carpet all to be forgotten by anyone outside the immediately affected areas.

What is the most extrordinary point to me is that despite BOTH being clearly acts of terrorism and despite both being targetted attacks against gay people, both of these nutjobs were legally able to obtain assualt grade weapons despite one being known to the FBI and the other being previously charged for threatening behaviour with a weapon.

All focus is that I word. How numbskulls like Trump can actually say those speaches with a straight face astounds me.

How news organisations such as Sky News can be so ingrained to be generic and balanced "it could have been anyone" guff in the face of what is clearly a targetted attack is just patethic.

Where are the journalists with balls these days. Where are the interviewers actually prepared to challenge the so called leaders of the so called most powerful nation and quite frankly tell them that they need to stick their Second Amendment nonsense up their behinds. THAT IS THE ISSUE. Not Islam. Not Isis. Not terrorism. Guns. Guns being accessible to practically anyone with a driving licence. Guns being so widely accepted that children use them, people carry them in their handbags and the obsession with carrying them is treated as casually as a mobile phone.

Back on track,

Owen Jones was absolutely right to do what he did. It was certainly not a hissy fit. He was certainly not being a child.

It was clear that both the presenter and Julia Hartley Brewer were not prepared to admit what this was. They were so ingrained on pushing their own agenda and that of the media organisation.

"Its just could not have been a lone wolf nutjob attacking gays". "Its got to be islamic terrorist."

Its the same agenda all the time.

Brown Person - islamic terrorist ready to bring down western society

White Person - mentally disturbed lone wolf probably from a broken home.

Edited by ECCOnoob

You've made some stupid posts over the years, but this one really takes the biscuit.

This was a homophobic attack, perpetrated by a homophobic son of a homophobic father. How clear would you like things to be?

It was an islamic terrorist attack. Target happened to be a gay club. These evil scum don't go after only gays. Jones flounced out over nothing.

It was an islamic terrorist attack. Target happened to be a gay club. These evil scum don't go after only gays. Jones flounced out over nothing.

Horse crap.

The guy claiming to be in the name of Daesh is a cop out. He is no more a real muslim follower than I am the Queen

The facts are clear. Targetted club. Previously angered by the sight of two men kissing.

What this a "generic terrorist attack" too.....

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

Horse crap.

The guy claiming to be in the name of Daesh is a cop out. He is no more a real muslim follower than I am the Queen

The facts are clear. Targetted club. Previously angered by the sight of two men kissing.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gay-pride-la-weapons-20160612-snap-story.html

And your CT experience is what exactly?

Horse crap.

First, the attack on the nightclub was a homophobic terrorist attack. It can be both.

Second, you really need to put your paranoia about the media to one side until you know more. The story you linked you is dated on the day of the massacre, and was exaggerated due to the fear that was whipped up at the time. You need to find a more recent news.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/13/santa_monica_suspect_james_howell_may_not_have_been_targeting_l_a_gay_pride.html

Save your accusations until we know more.

The main issue is that it was another terrorist attack comitted by a Muslim whose religeous beliefs differ from what is acceptable in Western society. It's a big concern it was an home grown terrorist who has enjoyed the benefits of living in a civilised Western society, who committed these murders. It should be a concern to the American people that the attack was made easier as a consequence of their gun laws.

On this occassion the Muslim terrorist targeted the gay community,but that does not make it more or less worse than any other terrorist atrocity. In my view the gay community seem to be enjoying the attention this incident has given them.

Well done Owen Jones. How can two Sky News presenters get it so wrong ?http://www.independent.co.uk/news/owen-jones-walks-off-sky-news-after-presenters-deflect-homophobia-behind-orlando-shooting-a7078891.htmlhttp://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/13/sky-news-homophobia-orlando-sexuality

N.B, My apologies for the P in the title.

Looks like Lady Gaga got it wrong too...

"I can't help but feel that this level of hatred, like all prejudicial crimes, is an attack on humanity itself"