Quick question about driving holidays

In theory yes - give or take a few boats.

The easiest part would be down to dover, channel tunnell drive across europe into Russia and get to somewhere like Uelen or Lorino on the furthest coastal point.

The tricky part would be getting your vehicle shipped over between the two points of Russia and Canada. I doubt very much there is any service or certainly not of easily accessed or regular variety.

Overcome that that hurdle and its pretty easy again. Through Alaska or Canada, nip down through the USA and blag yourself on a boat from Miami or Key West to Barbados.

You looking at about 15,000 miles and probably would leave yourself about a month or so to spare..... Providing you are prepared to be driving a solid 14 hours a day of course. :hihi::hihi:

The tricky part would be getting your vehicle shipped over between the two points of Russia and Canada.

as even Sarah Pailin is aware, the closest point between Siberia (Asia) and the American continent is not Canada, but Alaska in the USA. There isn't a ferry across the Bering Strait of course, but if there was, it would only take about three hours. If somebody had a boat and they wanted to bypass Alaska and US territory and land it in Canada, it would take much longer than that. Maybe 12 hours.

as even Sarah Pailin is aware, the closest point between Siberia (Asia) and the American continent is not Canada, but Alaska in the USA. There isn't a ferry across the Bering Strait of course, but if there was, it would only take about three hours. If somebody had a boat and they wanted to bypass Alaska and US territory and land it in Canada, it would take much longer than that. Maybe 12 hours.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the Bering straight freezes over in winter so may be a possibility there.

I'm sure the thread should be titled,trick,not quick question.

Edited by spilldig