EU Voting Purely About Migrants?

Also: why should Dual Nationality exist at all? How could one be loyal to two countervailing tendencies?

If the 2 countries in question have any kind of mutual defence agreement, I don't see it becoming a problem.

If the 2 countries in question have any kind of mutual defence agreement, I don't see it becoming a problem.

But if they don't; or even if they diverge in policy, political stance, etc? Allegiance cannot easily be split.

Compare it to double insurance. Why would Company1 pay you out if Company2 is obliged to do so?

So why would Country1 come to your aid if you're also a national of Country2?

Also: why should Dual Nationality exist at all? How could one be loyal to two countervailing tendencies?

Albert Einstein had 3 passports.

I know Jimmy Carr has Irish and British passports. Many others of mixed parentage do as well.

Let's assume that what you say is so.

It doesn't answer my point: the legal and logical impossibility of dual allegiances, to each of one's nationalities.

You probably have more loyalty to the country in which you reside.

Are you wondering what happens when the two countries you are a citizen of go to war? It's an interesting thought. Pretty sure many Americans of German heritage (parents even) fought in WWII for America. As did many American Italians (though, as they switched side it's different..)

Maybe, you just pick the side you want to win?

Guy Burgess wanted Communism to win and he was as English as tea, with no dual nationality.

You probably have more loyalty to the country in which you reside.

Are you wondering what happens when the two countries you are a citizen of go to war? It's an interesting thought. Pretty sure many Americans of German heritage (parents even) fought in WWII for America. As did many American Italians (though, as they switched side it's different..)

Maybe, you just pick the side you want to win?

Guy Burgess wanted Communism to win and he was as English as tea, with no dual nationality.

Men of Germany ancestry from all over the world travelled to Germany to fight for them during in WWII.

What was the motivation for this law? Who else in Europe does it?

The motivation for the law was that Wilders rose to power and started targeting immigrants. It was basically a means of forcing Turkish and Moroccan immigrants to choose the Dutch nationality or leave for Turkey or Morocco.

It caused deep resentment amongst the Turkish and Moroccan communities and that is still festering.

Men of Germany ancestry from all over the world travelled to Germany to fight for them during in WWII.

That they did. Probably because they wanted them to win.

Loads of kids here have run off to fight for ISIS. They don't have Syrian passports.

I don't see why Jeffrey is overly worried about dual-national citizens.

Edited by Radan

The motivation for the law was that Wilders rose to power and started targeting immigrants. It was basically a means of forcing Turkish and Moroccan immigrants to choose the Dutch nationality or leave for Turkey or Morocco.

It caused deep resentment amongst the Turkish and Moroccan communities and that is still festering.

Doesn't seem like a terribly nice chap this Wilders. Bit of a Nick Griffin type as far as I can tell.

How did he get into government? Presumably this was when he was a member of the VVD. Or was it more political pressure on the other parties forcing them to make a gesture to woo his supporters?

I trust he's not getting anywhere with his plan to ban the Quran.