Being an MP - an easy job?

In the light of recent events. Are all MPs to be thought of as the lowest of the low and liars?

I have tremendous respect for MPs of all colours, whether I agree with their policies or not. They put themselves in front of the public, for little financial gain.

They seem to get little respect from the general (and ignorant) public. Quite wrongly in my opinion,

Guest sibon
In the light of recent events. Are all MPs to be thought of as the lowest of the low and liars?

I have tremendous respect for MPs of all colours, whether I agree with their policies or not. They put themselves in front of the public, for little financial gain.

They seem to get little respect from the general (and ignorant) public. Quite wrongly in my opinion,

I don't think that £75k plus generous expense qualifies as "little financial gain". I also despair of the greasy pole climbers who won't give a straight answer to simple questions.

The good MPs are well worth their pay. There are a good many, though, who are not.

I don't think that £75k plus generous expense qualifies as "little financial gain". I also despair of the greasy pole climbers who won't give a straight answer to simple questions.

The good MPs are well worth their pay. There are a good many, though, who are not.

What sibon said.

What sibon said.

So you're bothered about the money they earn? :rolleyes:

Guest sibon
So you're bothered about the money they earn? :rolleyes:

No. I'm bothered about them doing their job properly. Many of them put self-interest first. Had you read my post properly, you should have gleaned that.

You are the one who introduced pay into the equation. I was just pointing out that £75k basic, is pretty good money.

No. I'm bothered about them doing their job properly. Many of them put self-interest first. Had you read my post properly, you should have gleaned that.

You are the one who introduced pay into the equation. I was just pointing out that £75k basic, is pretty good money.

When you say basic? It's the pay. Expenses are just that - expenses.

Guest sibon
When you say basic? It's the pay. Expenses are just that - expenses.

There you go again, obsessing about money.

I don't think that £75k plus generous expense qualifies as "little financial gain".

What do politicians earn if they don't get elected as an MP sibon?