Who will succeed Cameron?

I love the way people dismiss Jeremy Corbyn out of hand.

Have they learnt nothing from our turbulent times the world over? Unexpected leaders are popping up all over the place. Things are no longer going as planned.

Corbyn is surprisingly popular with voters, although you wouldn't know it listening to British media. He may surprise us all yet.

Corbyn is a sincere and honest man. But he is far too left wing to stand a chance of gaining the premiership. Sorry Anna B.

I would have preferred Andy Burnham.

Andrea Leadsom is now 12/1 fifth favourite to succeed David Cameron. Someone said early that Priti Patel was basically an halfwit, which didn't seem to be case on how well she got her point across during the backstage debate last night. It's interesting that Priti Patel is a shopkeeper's daughter which could be a good omen for her to be Britain's second woman Prime Minister.

Gisela Stuart would be a good candidate for leader of the Labour party judging on how well she performed last night.

Andrea Leadsom is now 12/1 fifth favourite to succeed David Cameron. Someone said early that Priti Patel was basically an halfwit, which didn't seem to be case on how well she got her point across during the backstage debate last night. It's interesting that Priti Patel is a shopkeeper's daughter which could be a good omen for her to be Britain's second woman Prime Minister.

Gisela Stuart would be a good candidate for leader of the Labour party judging on how well she performed last night.

Gisela Stuart vs Andrea Leadsom would be a very interesting 2020 election. Probably won't happen but both have aquitted themselves very well in the campaign.

Gisela Stuart vs Andrea Leadsom would be a very interesting 2020 election. Probably won't happen but both have aquitted themselves very well in the campaign.

I don't want anybody from either camp who has had a halfway prominent role in either campaign to be anywhere near running the country.

They've been universally awful, and think we're all thick as two short ones. A pox on all of them!

Its all over bar the shouting. Brexit will win and convincingly. Cameron will resign before the end of the month.

Who will be the next PM?

Boris, IDS, Gove, May?

It wont be Corbyn so pick your right winger.

Jeremy Corbyn.

Perhaps someone who has stayed away from the IN OUT fiasco will have less baggage?

Stephen Crabb and Theresa May, she has just had her hair done, apparently ;)

Perhaps someone who has stayed away from the IN OUT fiasco will have less baggage?

Stephen Crabb and Theresa May, she has just had her hair done, apparently ;)

I think the problem May will have is she's so clearly ducked the issue for her own ends she's ****** off both sides so will struggle.

For the Conservatives, it has to be Boris; He has presence, stature and enormous charisma, is a popular people person with the common touch, a crowd pleaser, and yet surprisingly shrewd and clever.

I didn't like Michael Gove till the referendum campaign, but he's shown himself to be polite, good natured and respectful in the face of quite difficult opposition, but I can't imagine him being able to handle a bunch of rowdy Tories.

It pains me to say it, but it has to be Boris. The Tories would be mad not to elect him.

For the Conservatives, it has to be Boris; He has presence, stature and enormous charisma, is a popular people person with the common touch, a crowd pleaser, and yet surprisingly shrewd and clever.

I didn't like Michael Gove till the referendum campaign, but he's shown himself to be polite, good natured and respectful in the face of quite difficult opposition, but I can't imagine him being able to handle a bunch of rowdy Tories.

It pains me to say it, but it has to be Boris. The Tories would be mad not to elect him.

There is an interesting situation developing here. If we vote to leave the EU I would say Cameron is a dead duck. But the Tories have Boris in that camp as a high profile shoe in.

If we vote remain, Cameron will be riding high and may well chose to stay on until after 2020 to unify the party. He recently announced he intended stopping on as an MP whatever happened, so his idea of spending time with the family is out the window. The bookies currently quote him at 9:1 to be PM after the 2020 election. That's the same odds as Liverpool winning the Championship. Those odds will shorten after a remain vote today.

Then we come to Labour. Now they have a problem indeed. If we vote for Brexit, it will be because of a lot of Labour voters voting to get out. If however we vote remain those voters have no champion in the Labour ranks. Certainly no one who will continue camaigning to get out of the EU.

So if we vote to remain where do all those Brexiters go? Losing a referendum on Scottish independence didn't seem to do the SNP any harm. It certainly didn't shut them up. The independence supporters in Labour ranks simply moved over to the SNP.

It is the country that is divided on Brexit. Pretty much down the middle if the polls are to be believed. The Tories are really the only party that reflects that public opinion. The others are firmly in one camp or the other. However their traditional supporters aren't.

Edited by foxy lady

Michael Gove reminds me of Rick Moranis for some reason. I think its both his appearance and mannerisms.