Who will succeed Cameron?

I was referring to the General Election, will the people be will to accept another Eton boy, of dubious virtue; all those election promises broken.

Would the people of London vote for Boris, was he a success?

The people of London did vote for Boris. He was elected mayor twice.

The people of London did vote for Boris. He was elected mayor twice.

I dont know London, so that does not answer the question. Maggie was a long serving PM, but some seem to hate her, same with Tony Blair.

---------- Post added 24-06-2016 at 18:16 ----------

A national YouGov poll in April 2015 showed that of all the UK regions, Londoners had the lowest view of Johnson’s prime ministerial abilities.

I was referring to the General Election, will the people be will to accept another Eton boy, of dubious virtue; all those election promises broken.

Would the people of London vote for Boris, was he a success?

Before the last General Election it was perfectly clear to all voters, that if the Conservatives won the General Election there would be an EU Referendum, so Cameron wasn't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes over that issue. There doesn't have to be another General Election until 2020 and there is no reason why an election should be called early.

Thank goodness we have a Conservative Government to negotiate new trade deals and the UK's exit from the EU before the next General Election. In 2020 the UK will have the oprortunity to choose a new Prime Minister, but at the moment it is the Consertivatives party's decision who should be the next Prime Minister, just like the Labour Party made the decision to elect Gordon Brown to replace Tony Blair before the 2010 General Election.

If you are unhappy, then why don't you emigrate to an EU Country while you can still do so ?

They also voted to remain

Well as that particular issue is no longer on the table I don't see it's relevance. You could say that London by and large elects Labour MPs in general elections. It is the rest of England that elects Tory MPs, and the rest of England more or less voted for Brexit.

The Tory party has, for 40 years been divided over Europe. Cameron's legacy to the Tory Party is that last night he removed that division.

Boris couldn't even implement 24 hour tube service in London, run the country,no chance.

He doesn't have to run the country. He just has to get elected. They appoint folk to run the country. Boris got elected mayor of London TWICE. So he must have done something right. Perhaps you just weren't there.

The Conservatives seem to have a more sensible way of electing their leader than Labour, because whoever the two top candidates are, will have the support of their own MPs. I can't see the Conservative MPs nominating unelectable people they don't support, just to have a contest.

He doesn't have to run the country. He just has to get elected. They appoint folk to run the country. Boris got elected mayor of London TWICE. So he must have done something right. Perhaps you just weren't there.

Having been a leader of the leave group, he is disliked by 48% of the people that voted, someone less divisive would be better.