Who will succeed Cameron?

Having been a leader of the leave group, he is disliked by 48% of the people that voted, someone less divisive would be better.

A Similar level of support for the winner of a USA Presidental Election. But, your figure is nonsense, just because someone voted to leave the EU, doesn't mean they like Boris. Many people made their minds up years ago, that they would vote to leave the EU, if there was ever a referendum, long before they had ever heard of Boris Johnson.

Apparently even Jeremy Hunt is thinking of standing :hihi::hihi: What a mad week.

We need to bring back the Whigs to sort this mess out!

Bozza is odds on. We might have to lump it til 2020. Hopefully by that time Comrade Corbyn will have gone.

He doesn't have to run the country. He just has to get elected. They appoint folk to run the country. Boris got elected mayor of London TWICE. So he must have done something right. Perhaps you just weren't there.

Funny isn't it, the EU is apparently undemocratic. Here we are in the UK getting a new prime minister. Not an elected one, an appointed one, he then gets to put his own people in the cabinet, not through an election process, but by him choosing which puppets match his hand best. Sure, he won a safe seat so he could be an MP, but euhmmm how is this democratic?

Funny isn't it, the EU is apparently undemocratic. Here we are in the UK getting a new prime minister. Not an elected one, an appointed one, he then gets to put his own people in the cabinet, not through an election process, but by him choosing which puppets match his hand best. Sure, he won a safe seat so he could be an MP, but euhmmm how is this democratic?

The UK votes for parties, not people. This isn't the US. Did you think the same when Gordon Brown replaced Tony Blair?

Don't forget our unelected upper chamber, the gagging of NGOs in the run up to an election and the disproportionate influence of wealthy media barons on the political process!

The UK votes for parties, not people. This isn't the US. Did you think the same when Gordon Brown replaced Tony Blair?

What, so my MP is not a person? Because that is the only thing I can vote for when it comes to the House of Commons, which person (note, that is not a party) represents me there. All the rest is party-machinations which are now shown to completely fall to pieces when the status quo is wrecked.

He!! He !! That is a very sexist remark to be coming from a member of the European elite .

Teresa May is strong favourite to be our next leader according to many experts in the press.

No sauce.

What, so my MP is not a person? Because that is the only thing I can vote for when it comes to the House of Commons, which person (note, that is not a party) represents me there. All the rest is party-machinations which are now shown to completely fall to pieces when the status quo is wrecked.

Your MP is a person and a member of a political party. If you voted for your candidate because of his smile and not the party policies he would support in parliament then you might as well vote independent.

Edit: Please remind me how I voted for Donald Tusk to be the President of the European Council

Edited by the_bloke

He!! He !! That is a very sexist remark to be coming from a member of the European elite .

Teresa May is strong favourite to be our next leader according to many experts in the press.

No sauce.

I'm pleased you regard me as the European Elite, I shall sign for Manchester City shortly.

If Teresa May is to be the puppeteer, than you'd better put some money on that quick.

---------- Post added 26-06-2016 at 15:27 ----------

Your MP is a person and a member of a political party. If you voted for your candidate because of his smile and not the party policies he would support in parliament then you might as well vote independent.

You do realise that you are demonstrating a complete lack of understanding of the very fundamentals of the democracy you operate in, don't you?