Who will succeed Cameron?

She's now complaining of being misquoted. But she herself drew comparisons between herself and her rival based on having children, & that having children somehow qualified her better for the role of PM.

That May and her husband can't have children shouldn't have been thrown in their faces, & shows that Leadsome, at best shows poor judgement, at worst, a very unpleasant woman.

Quite. While being a parent is tough it is also joyful and very rewarding. It is sad when people who desperately want to become parents can't do so. It takes a special kind of idiot to rub that in your face.

It's got to be over for Leadsom. She's shown astoundingly poor judgement.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 13:23 ----------

The journalist set a trap for Andrea Leadsom. Andrea Leadsom fell into the trap too easily which indicates it would be a huge risk for her to be the next Prime Minister.

Rubbish. She's used this line quite a few times. It's deliberate.

Rubbish. She's used this line quite a few times. It's deliberate.

Unless you have access to the full interview, then you don't know the true context of her comments. You don't know what questions the journalist asked shortly before Andrea Leadsom's controversial comments.

Unless you have access to the full interview, then you don't know the true context of her comments. You don't know what questions the journalist asked shortly before Andrea Leadsom's controversial comments.

it's difficult to imagine any context where her comments could be considered acceptable.

anyway, some (all) of the recording which the reporter made has been published so every one can make their own mind up.

The full interview has been released.

She also used the children line in her leadership campaign launch 6 days ago and in thd days since which is presumably why the Times drilled into that angle a little bit.

It's like a condemned prisoner putting their head on the chopping block, being handed the axe then chopping their own head off.

it's difficult to imagine any context where her comments could be considered acceptable.

anyway, some (all) of the recording which the reporter made has been published so every one can make their own mind up.

Its a perfectly ok thing to say, perhaps for magazine article, but not for a future PM.

There was a (female conservative MP) apologist for Leadsom on radio 5 live this morning, around 8:30. She was complaining that the BBC were following the transcripts from the Times, and how that when they heard the actual recordings, that this would prove that Leadsom had been stitched up by the Times. It wasn't until the end of the interview that she admitted that she hadn't actually heard the recording. So she was just following the "party" line. I wish I'd noted her name, so that in future I could sensibly ignore everything she ever said on the basis that she was a liar who could never be trusted.

She used pretty much the same line 6 days ago in front of a packed press conference.

She got negative press straight after but still carried on using the line. It wasn't until she said it in the Times interview that journalists had the courage to call her on it.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 21:48 ----------

Its a perfectly ok thing to say, perhaps for magazine article, but not for a future PM.

Not acceptable at all.

Do childless couples have less of a stake in the future of the country than couples with kids? Nope.

Edited by I1L2T3

She used pretty much the same line 6 days ago in front of a packed press conference.

She got negative press straight after but still carried on using the line. It wasn't new what she said in the Times interview that journalists had the courage to call her on it.

---------- Post added 09-07-2016 at 21:48 ----------

Not acceptable at all.

Do childless couples have less of a stake in the future of the country than couples with kids? Nope.

I fully agree. I've no stake in the conservative elections, as I'm not a member, but I hope that Leadsom isn't chosen - partially because of what looks like her attempts to disqualify May on account of her not having children (very distateful and invalid IMO) but also because May is more of a one-nation conservative, better able to serve the nation as a whole.

The full interview has been released.

She also used the children line in her leadership campaign launch 6 days ago and in thd days since which is presumably why the Times drilled into that angle a little bit.

It's like a condemned prisoner putting their head on the chopping block, being handed the axe then chopping their own head off.

Where has the full interview been released ?