Who will succeed Cameron?

Do you have a link to this poll of the membership. I would find it interesting reading as I am one of the membership and I do not recall being asked for my opinion.

You probably wouldn't. It was a Yougov poll for the Times and run over the weekend.

Actual figures were

1,431 Responses

MAY 63%, LEADSOM 31%

You might be able to find a link via Yougov

I reckon somebody could have leant on Loathsome. She could have won it.

Who? That's strange thing to just 'reckon.'

She was beyond her level of competence and realised it. Thankfully.

Yay for the foxes.

You probably wouldn't. It was a Yougov poll for the Times and run over the weekend.

Actual figures were

1,431 Responses

MAY 63%, LEADSOM 31%

You might be able to find a link via Yougov

Oh you mean this: https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/dgak27s1eh/TimesResults_160704_ConservativeMembers.pdf

With a sample of 994 members or 0.74% of the membership.

So its was less than 2/3 and it was a poll of members, not the membership.

All the Brexiters have now abandoned ship. Proof that they have no idea what to do! As the Remain camp said over and over again.

Why not let's pretend the referendum never happened?

Because we live in a democracy and voted to BREXIT.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 13:15 ----------

Confirmed 12:26 on the BBC:

Andrea Leadsom quits Conservative leadership race

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36763208

More like she's bound to put her foot in it even more over the course of the nine weeks, handing it to May on a plate!

This quote is also interesting:

Are our MPs really that thin skinned and vulnerable to abuse, or was she really not that good a candidate?

Angela Eagle has recently suffered some shocking homophobic abuse because she dared to challenge Corbyn, but it hasn't stopped her.

She is most obviously a stalking horse. Look for the likes of Chuka Amuna when all the hubris has all calmed down.

Angel1.

Because we live in a democracy and voted to BREXIT.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 13:15 ----------

She is most obviously a stalking horse. Look for the likes of Chuka Amuna when all the hubris has all calmed down.

Angel1.

Now the next PM is sorted, if she is unable to get a deal that is not detrimental to Great Britain compared to continued EU membership she should have the courage to keep us in the EU, or face being regarded as one of the worst PMs this country has ever had.

If you don't agree with that you must have a screw loose.

Edited by Radan

She's going to be under constant comparison to Thatcher.

I know. Its beyond absurd. There was picture of May in the Mail last week wearing a blue suit. Remind you of anyone? asked the Mail, including a pic of Maggie wearing a blue suit.

Such a quality paper.

All the Brexiters have now abandoned ship. Proof that they have no idea what to do! As the Remain camp said over and over again.

Why not let's pretend the referendum never happened?

Because it did, rightly or wrongly, right result or wrong result, right reasons or wrong reasons. It happened, the people spoke and so the result should stand and the next PM has to work with that fact.

Personally, I think her first act should be to go to the people to get a mandate for her actions. After all the people at the last election voted for a party with Dodgy Dave in charge not a Thatcher wannabe

---------- Post added 11-07-2016 at 14:48 ----------

Do you have a link to this poll of the membership. I would find it interesting reading as I am one of the membership and I do not recall being asked for my opinion.

It seems now that they are not going to ask your opinion, or anyones, come to that

Because it did, rightly or wrongly, right result or wrong result, right reasons or wrong reasons. It happened, the people spoke and so the result should stand and the next PM has to work with that fact.

Personally, I think her first act should be to go to the people to get a mandate for her actions. After all the people at the last election voted for a party with Dodgy Dave in charge not a Thatcher wannabe

That's like driving your car into a lake. You know you made the wrong decision, everyone outside of the car is telling you you made the wrong decision, but because you made the decision, you are going to keep driving and drown yourself.